Roxby Town layout - May 2012 BRM

SteveCole

Steve,

Can we ask if there is a reason for singling out this particular layout for such 'treatment' from the (presumably) 2/3 others to be featured in that edition of the mag??

Paul

• Administrators

Hi Paul,

It's something we'll be doing far more of going forward - just bringing some real-life comments into the magazine on layouts, instruction and reviews. This layout was purely picked because it has been to many shows in the past under the guise of its former name: Stapleforth Mainline.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 months later...

Perhaps the buildings are built on a concrete raft (as per London Liverpool Street)?

Didn't mind that it appeared in both mags. The mainstream press has this all the time. I remember having seen Stapleforth Main in the model press somewhere before, or maybe at an Exhibition. Bet the cheque was bigger from BRM (insert semi-sarcastic smiley face here).

On the serious side, excellent layout. The use of more than one track level is clever. Yes it does look clean, but modern stations are. I think it is so good, I might unashamedly nick the idea to do it in OO.

Archived