Decaffeinated tea and coffee at shows.

industrial

I am "susceptible to malignant Hyperpyrexia under anaethesia" Which is quite a mouthful but as well as being able to die if some doctor tries to give me the normal anaethetics. It also means I am sensitive to Caffine, Just one cup of real coffee will send my heart racing, so I find decaf coffee a good idea and every Show I've been to has had it (even if it was hidden away somewhere).

In the last six months I've also become Diabetic.... so a full fat Coke would cause me real problems!!!

The Q

Whist I have nothing but sympahthy for your condition which must be difficult to live with. We do however appear to be heading down a road where we have to cater for everyones nuances or medical conditions at a Model Railway Show; what ever happened to the concept of personal responsability?- I am on medication and it is up to me to ensure that I take it at the correct time I also must not eat grapefruit because of this. I have no doubt in my mind that It is up to me to make the right choices and act accordingly or am I missing something?

XF

• RMweb Premium

Sounds a bit like Brown Sugar. If the proponents of said stuff actually saw how it was harvested, stored, transported and otherwise cared for then they'd never touch the stuff again!

Doesn't that apply to the whole food supply chain? Unless you've actually grown and picked it yourself, you're relying on others expertise or lack thereof or profit motive. As for illegal stuff like drugs, the care factor is zero, yet some people choose to queue up for the stuff.

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Gold

I drink anything. The only thing I don't drink is something containing alcohol if I'm expected to drive.

However, if I'm exhibiting at a show, I have been known to take my own tea makings (I tend to drink different types of tea through the day) and a small kettle (PAT compliant naturally).

Regards

Richard

I'm not a tea or coffee drinker as neither appeal to me. If I can get caffeine free coke, I will tend to go for that (it tastes almost exactly the same as diet coke anyway...), and only really ever drink Red Bull at revision time or if someone buys me a drink on a night out which contains it, and I intend to no longer do that. I'm a student who isn't reliant on caffeine!

I do however know a fair few people who are tea and coffee drinkers but can't drink caffeine for various reasons and my own personal opinion is that these people should be catered for, especially if they are the exhibitors! Caffeine isn't particularly good for you, and many people have problems with it.

Archived