Bachman to produce Butler Henderson D11/1 for National Railway Museum

Andy Y

With regard to earlier posts about N Staffs locos ,I remember seeing one on a dvd that NCB coal mines and it was in NS livery havent got a date ,its good news about the Director and also the J11 a realy useful loco on many layouts.

I fancy ordering another D11 from the NRM and changing the livery to very early L&NER. Am I right in saying the livery was exactly the same as GCR but with L&NER on the tender, and was that the same typeface as used with the propper LNER livery?

Jim

What a lovely photo, thankyou! As I mentioned in another thread, these locos performed excellently in LNER days with 8-10 total trains averaging around 60mph on the GC main line. Until those Gresley interlopers arrived...

Are there any RTR carriages which might suit such trains, I wonder?

Rob

Are there any RTR carriages which might suit such trains, I wonder?

There are but as is to be expected, it means building them from etched kits. The leading coach is a 60ft matchboard corridor third or composite while the rest are shorter low eliptical roof coaches that I think Perseverance Models did at one time. Bill Bedford might be able to assist.

There are but as is to be expected, it means building them from etched kits. The leading coach is a 60ft matchboard corridor third or composite while the rest are shorter low eliptical roof coaches that I think Perseverance Models did at one time. Bill Bedford might be able to assist.

Is not Mr Fozard going to sort some suitable kits out Coach?

I have succumbed and ordered one of these, was not too sure how high it was on my list of wants but I decided I could not miss out on the chance to get one - I have all other NRM/Bachmann models so want to keep it going :).

• 4 months later...

Thanks Blackout for the photo of the cab interior, looks superb.

I ordered the NRM B-H soon after they were announced, so hopefully not too far away.

I also put in a request to Bachmann to do a D10 5433/62654 Walter Burgh Gair, which is do-able from this model.

Mark Gair in OZ

So 5th Gear presenter not the only one.

North Eastern Design is etching some GCR non-corridor matchboard coaches with recessed door handles. They lasted well into BR days carrying teak brown while some got carmine red. The slab-sided Barnum's will follow.

A

All three North Eastern Design non corridors are now done Larry, just in the final stages of test building the non corridor lav brake compo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

"Butler Henderson" is now in stock at the NRM - just had an email from their shop:

----------------------------

The Butler Henderson is available online now

The wait is over and we are delighted to announce that the National Railway Museum's 4th exclusive edition model of the Butler Henderson locomotive is available to buy online and in store now at the National Railway Museum Shop.

This limited edition special model is available in Great Central Railway livery. There are 1400 standard models available so order online today.

The preserved Butler Henderson is currently on loan and can be seen at Barrow Hill, Staveley, Chesterfield

---------------------------------

Best wishes,

David

In view of the impending arrival of Butler Henderson, I phoned the NRM shop a week ago to give them my new credit card details - I got an answerphone, so I left my number, asking them to call me back - no call back received. Today I received an email saying that my order had been dispatched, but quoting my old card number. I tried using the link to reply to their message, but have just received a message undeliverable notification. Is the NRM shop usually this disorganised? Can I expect a free loco?!

Archived