Anti-English vandalism - Snowdon

Coombe Barton

Guest Max Stafford

I think 'Scott' was already there. I doubt there's and actual direct connection with the larger daubing. I think you're crediting the culprits with too much intelligence personally.

Dave.

On the subject of graffiti - don't let it bother you, even when it gets personal !

And it was posted by a 'welshman' - about a fellow countryman !

Brian R

PS

I apologise if some of a tender disposition find this offensive.

Unfortunately the culprit didn't apologise to me - but I could tell I'd hit home !

:O I`m utterly shocked: what a profoundly-grossly offensive thing to call somebody........

....."a Scott"

Disgraceful! :laugh:

Interesting thread. Funnily enough, my wife and I are off to Snowdon for a few days this weekend, for our anniversary. I've always looked forward to visiting Wales - I've not been before, except on railway journeys - I hope the locals are friendly.

into which tourists come in their flashy cars and throwing money about.

Will try to keep a low profile in our bright yellow Panda!

Interesting thread. Funnily enough, my wife and I are off to Snowdon for a few days this weekend, for our anniversary. I've always looked forward to visiting Wales - I've not been before, except on railway journeys - I hope the locals are friendly.

Will try to keep a low profile in our bright yellow Panda!

Nah, just come and have a good time and ride lots of railways!

When Daughter #2 went to live in London from Wales she was astounded at how unfriendly everyone was; no-one smiled on the Tube or the bus, and everyone apparently went around wrapped up entirely in themselves. And yet some of these are no doubt the same people who claim that everyone's unfriendly to them when they go on holiday!

Now now Coach, if I, originally from Somerset, were to make the exact same paired observations made by John's daughter regarding London and my home county - which, gross generalisation though that is, is a common enough view - would that be anti-English resentment? Really?

Would that be a chip on shoulder? It could be fairly said of any rural/urban comparison regardless of cultural context and I've heard plenty of it from Londoners, Brummies and Mancunians who've settled or bought holiday homes in the south west of England as well as students with rural backgrounds attending universities in those cities. Different perspectives based on unfamiliarity, that's all, very few say that one is better than the other and that might, perhaps, be what you meant. It is not what John appears to be saying...

Adam

It was bad enough being called a 'w@nker' ................... but this sentiment was visible to trains using the Penarth Curve in and out of Cardiff Central for years !

My friend and bank manager used to smile as he passed it each day and listened to the comments of the other passengers.

"kiddy fiddler" is not a Welsh phrase !

No, I'm not.

I did win in the end !

Brian R

post-1599-0-51771800-1332961523.jpg

Archived