Has anyone kit bashed a Peco 0-16.5 Hunslet, ideas please

hayfield

I have just brought my second Peco 0-16.5 Hunslet loco, as its slightly damaged and has a Hornby chassis I will strip it down and rebuild with an etched chassis. I could paint it a different colour, but a thought may be to eather add a bunker or a small tender like the FR Prince loco

Has anyone and experance or thoughts in this area

• RMweb Premium

add a bunker or a small tender like the FR Prince loco

Both Phil Traxson at Port Wynnstay and Paul Martin at EDM Models both produce different small tenders that may be suitable for what you have in mind

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Port_Wynnstay/Images%20Large/IM000327.jpg

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/EDM_Models/Images/Tender.jpg

Also Phil produces an England loco kit and the two tenders are available as separate items

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Port_Wynnstay/fr_loco.htm

Looking forward to seeing how this develops

Mike

Something on the lines of Blanche may be interesting, Palmerston also has some mileage

post-1131-0-22308600-1332886656_thumb.jpg

post-1131-0-81851400-1332886741_thumb.jpg

post-1131-0-82267900-1332886807_thumb.jpg

Getting Blanche's cab and tender roofs to work around sharp radii would be challenging, Palmerstons boiler seems to be an easy conversion.

Ordered a Branchlines chassis today, and exchanged the 40-1 gears for a 50-1 set in the hope they will assist slow running

7mm nga as drawings of both in their Ffestiniog collections. Bought mine at the WHHR railway shop, I think. A couple of really useful books! I agree tat Blance might be a pain on a tight bend. Maybe a version with no half cab on the tender?

Thanks, I have both as well as the WHR book. Neither has Linda, Parmiston or Blanche, I have listed below plans available in model mags and will go into the loft and see if I have the ones I need.

FFR Double Fairlie L., 0-4-4-0T CA RM MAR 1998 FFR Double Fairlie (A), 0-4-4-0T, 5.5mm DR RM NOV 1992 FFR Double Fairlie Taliesin, 0-4-0+0-4 DR MRN JAN 1957 FFR Electric Double Fairlie, 0-4-4-0T, 16mm CA RM JAN 2001 FFR Harlech Castle (1990 rebuild) DR GRW MAR 1991 FFR Hunslet - Linda & Blanche, 0-4-0ST DR RM APR 1993 FFR Manning Wardle Saddle Tank, 0-4-2ST, 16mm CA MR FEB 1980

Sorry about the way the info is displayed but cannot eddit it

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, I have both as well as the WHR book. Neither has Linda, Parmiston or Blanche

John - are you talking about the same book as they seemed like strange omissions as the book was researched and compiled by Adrian Gray who is the FR Archivist. I have checked on line at http://www.7mmnga.org.uk/ and I have copied below the locos listed in the 'post preservation' Festiniog drawings and this does include both Linda and Blanche? (and Prince not Palmerston)

0-4-0STT 'PRINCE'

0-4-4-0 'EARL OF MERIONETH'

0-4-0STT 'LINDA'

2-4-0STT 'BLANCHE'

2-6-2PT 'MOUNTAINEER'

2-4-0DM 'MOELWYN'

0-4-0-DM 'MOEL HEBOG'

4wDM 'ASHOVER'

4w DM 'UPNOR CASTLE'

4w DM 'CONWAY CASTLE'

Bo-Bo DM 'VALE OF FESTINIOG'

0-4-4T 'TALIESIN'

The 7mmNGA book of drawings for the original prototype FR includes the following locos

FR Locomotive No. 11 'Livingston Thompson'

FR No. 11 'Livingston Thompson' (end views)

FR Locomotive No. 11 'Moelwyn'

FR Locomotive No. 2 'Prince'

FR Locomotive No. 8 'James Spooner'

FR Locomotive No.10 'Merddin Emrys'

FR Tender for England 0-4-0 Tank Locomotives

FR Tender for Locomotive No. 2 'Prince'

Hope that helps and clears up any misunderstanding

Regards, Mike

• RMweb Gold

John

If you want a Blanche style tender I may be able to help you out if you can solder OK.

I am currently building five of our Linda, Blanche & Charles kits for customers. Not surprisingly they aren't all being built at Blanche in tender form. As the kits are complete for each version there should be at least one complete Blanche tender, and for that matter a complete Blanche matching cab available. For a small fee flat pack or for a bit bigger fee assembled.

Send me a PM if you are interested in these. I am currently bogged down in five sets of working inside valve gear so haven't got onto the tenders just yet.

Mike

Thanks, I have the Narrow lines Extra No 8 & No 12 for the Ffestinog. These and a couple of others I have are the only plans books I could get my hands on being not a member of the 7mm NGA.

Paul

Thanks, I have sent a PM

The Peco Hunslet loco arrived yesterday as well as a new Branchlines Hunslet chassis, the Hornby 0-4-0 chassis is quite a sprinter !!. I also ordered a couple of Hornby processers a pair of 8 pin sockets and etched coach sides & ends for coach No 8,

Beem into the loft and have found the RM with the Hunslet drawings. Only has the standard tender not the cab tender, still enough to start thinking about and making plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to do a mock-up of the tender this afternoon

post-1131-0-70116900-1333988504.jpg

Out came a copy of the Railway Modeller April 1993 where there is a plan for a standard tender and a photo of a loco with a cab tender. No measurements for the cab just a bit of a guess work and a lash up for the wheels. But its enough to get an idea of how it might look and what is involved in getting a decent result

Lots of food for thought whilst I build the chassis and take apart and rebuild the body

Archived