Dorset Railway Modellers Group. Saturday 21st April 2012.

The Dorset Group of the 3mm Society has been meeting for six years. Recently we lost our permanent meeting place.Being a small group, we could not afford the rents being asked in this area.

So, after a lot of discussion we have decided to open our group to non members. This will be a modelling help group and there will not be the possibility of a group layout due to storage concerns at this moment in time.

As a result of all this, we intend to have an inaugural meeting on Saturday 21st April 2012 starting at 1pm.

Tom Rayer- The Weatherman- will kindly attend and give us a hands on insight into his methods. I have a list of the basics required to participate and weather your own stock please PM me for details.

The meeting will be held at:-

The Pullman Coach.

Avon Causeway Hotel (ex Hurn Railway Station)

Hurn

Christchurch

BH23 6AS

There will be a charge for this the amount depends on the numbers attending.

More thoughts and information will be given at the meeting, which I hope will lead to a Modellers Club.

The coutesy of letting me know if you intend to be there would be appreciated as there is limited accomodation.

Refreshments are available in the adjoining pub.

Good luck Steve, I'll try to make it, but it depends on our 'charges', or if one takes a turn for the worst it'll mean another happy day in Poole hospital. Have you asked 'Dodgey' to put up a poster, or summat similar, to help promote it ??

• 2 weeks later...

As Hennock will be appearing at the Bournemouth Exhibition next Saturday/Sunday 14th/15th March, we will have more information on the meeting- The more interest we have the more likely the group will flourish.

Best wishes

Steve

Have you any more info on this show which I would think you mean is on the 14th/15th April.

• 2 weeks later...

A successful meeting on Saturday saw 10 attend. By all accounts all found the session of great interest.

Our next meetings will be:- Saturday 26th May & Saturday 23rd June. Hopefully we can decide wether it is viable to continue and if necessary book dates for the rest of the year. If you are in the area and need help or encouragement whatever scale you model in then you are most welcome

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hope all goes well, I shalln't be able to make it, number one daughter, partner, and granddaugther coming down (from Essex) for the weekend, have blagged a beach hut at Sandbanks for Saturday :sungum: .

• 1 month later...

Following on from some successful initial meetings, we have booked the venue for the next five months.

21st July

25th August

22nd September

13th October

17th November.

Hopefully some bookings can be made for sessions or teach ins and I will post when dates have been confirmed.

The Pullman Car

Avon Causeway Hotel

Hurn

is our meeting place- we hope to see you at one of our meetings.

Steve

Following on from my last post, at our next meeting on July 21st we have Jeff Weston of Modern Image Models coming to give a talk and demonstration of the construction of his buildings. This will be useful for all scales and give an opportuity to get an insight into how these buildings are produced. Hopefully Jeff will bring some of his stock for sale.

Venue as above and a start at 1pm until 5pm- small charge to cover hire of coach will apply.

Best wishes

Steve

• 2 months later...

Our next meeting is this Saturday- 13th October.

We are trying to arrange next years dates and would welcome a few new faces .

Ytr the best Model Railway venue-

The Pullman Car, Avon Causeway Hotel (Old Hurn Railway Station) Christchurch.

Meeting starts at 1pm until about 5pm.

Any questions please PM me.

Steve

Archived