Cornard OO Gauge Layout - Sudbury MRC

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi all,

We have Sudbury MRC's Cornard Layout appearing in the June issue of BRM.

Has anyone seen this layout at exhibitions? If so, we'd love to hear your comments so we can print the best in the magazine.

Here are a couple of pictures to jog your memory...

post-14186-0-73738600-1333447114_thumb.jpgpost-14186-0-45383100-1333447120_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Steve

BRM Brand Editor

Hi all,

We have Sudbury MRC's Cornard Layout appearing in the June issue of BRM.

Has anyone seen this layout at exhibitions? If so, we'd love to hear your comments so we can print the best in the magazine.

Here are a couple of pictures to jog your memory...

post-14186-0-73738600-1333447114_thumb.jpgpost-14186-0-45383100-1333447120_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Steve

BRM Brand Editor

I saw this layout at the 2009 Spalding show. I took some photo's as I was looking for town detailing. Here are a couple. ( well I would if I could find the way to do it! Its changed, how do you post a picture???????

• Administrators

Hi Toftwood,

Great pictures. Can you give me a few brief comments on what you thought about the layout: any elements you particularly liked? We can then print the comments alongside the article in the magazine.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

A couple more....

I particularly liked the detailing in the woodyard. the stacks of wood, the general dross of a working yard..!

Other detail that caught my eye was the shoring to the side of the demolition/bomb site. It matches that which I have seen before.

Pete

post-2207-0-28643700-1333572401_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-65528000-1333572461_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely detailing, perhaps too many vehicles and whilst Thomas may be great fun for the kids, I would leave that out. Just my old fuddy duddy thoughts!

Oh I don't know, I think Thomas sits quite well on this layout. I think it does use the card kits quite well though going too close up with the camera gives the game away. Some well attended detailing is overshadowed a bit by some unusual positioning - for example the lean-to conservatory line side - I doubt if the glass in it would last long with trains passing so close.

I have not seen the layout live and as we all know photos can be cruel.

I also have a bit of an issue with a layout so obviously built as a roundy-roundy, yet seeing good use of the curve is pleasing. Not a layout I would go out of my way to see, but one that would attract more than a passing glanse.

• RMweb Premium

I'm glad it wasn't only me who spotted the strangely placed conservatory (and gap in the fence) although saying that, the crossing keeper's cottage at Arnside (now a private residence) has a conservatory that close to the line.

It does look like a very nice layout, a lot of detail that fits well although if I was to be critical, there are a few areas where the finishing could have been better executed, e.g. the grassy banks along the road, etc.

http://www.geog.port.ac.uk/webmap/thelakes/photos/bqb23.jpg

Archived