SE Finecast Q1

Hi,

I bought a second hand SE Finecast SR Bulleid Q1 today and I've decided to have a go at putting it together, but then...

...the enclosed instructions were for an SE Finecast Prairie Tank!!!

Does anyone have a set of instructions that they wouldn't mind parting with, or does anyone know if there are any online?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brass Monkey

Hi,

I bought a second hand SE Finecast SR Bulleid Q1 today and I've decided to have a go at putting it together, but then...

...the enclosed instructions were for an SE Finecast Prairie Tank!!!

Does anyone have a set of instructions that they wouldn't mind parting with, or does anyone know if there are any online?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brass Monkey

The Wills finecast booklet with the Prairie tank is a generic instruction book, Wills then produced an instruction sheet for each loco. Southeastern Finecast enclose instruction sheets, so you either have a Wills finecast loco or are very unlucky and got the wrong instructions included.

The SEF instructions may vary from the Wills ones as most of their locos have been updated with etched chassis and extra detailing parts. Dave at SEF is ever so good at supplying parts for old Wills and SEF locos, and as said a large SAE will bring an instruction sheet.

Thanks all.

It's a shame that it didn't come with the instructions. It's part built, in the newer type box, and the previous owner has even invested in the wheels, Mashima motor and gearbox!

I'll contact SEF on Tuesday and ask nicely!

Brass Monkey

I guess you got it for far less than it is new, and for the price of a couple of stamps and a few days wait well worth the saving.

"in the newer type box" Is yours the Wills or SEF version?

I also have a part built SEF Q1, like yours no paperwork (must be a trait with Q1's). The chassis has been damaged (rear) on mine, and the front buffer beam has come off. Should realy get round to sorting the chassis out and fitting a motor, like everyone else too many other things to do.

I like these locos as I have 2 K's versions, very tempted to paint one Malachite green. Just to see what it would have looked like, even though some might take umbridge at it.

• RMweb Gold

SEF acquired the Q1 kit from Little Engines loco kits (whose range apart from the Q1 is pretty much exclusively LNER prototypes so was perhaps an odd choice for them in the first place) so was never part of the original Wills range.

My Little Engines version is below, finished a whole two weeks before Hornby annnouced they were going to produce one RTR!

post-243-0-80457200-1333876524_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I spoke to SEF on Tuesday and they are going to send me a set of instructions for the Q1. They are also going to send me a parts list just in case there are any missing. They really are very helpful!

Graham,

That's a great looking model! How did you power it?

Brass Monkey

• RMweb Gold

Hi

It does not surprise me at all that you have received excellent service from SEF.

Many thanks for the kind comment about my model. It is powered by a Portescap 1219 driving the centre axle as per the picture below. The representation of the inside valve gear is not part of the kit and has been added from bits and bobs I had to hand.

post-243-0-61588400-1334429231_thumb.jpg

Archived