Trap Point

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon. Has anyone drawn up a Trap with Templot?

I've seen the brief discussion on the Templot site with a couple of pics (the Castle Carey one looks very odd) but would be grateful for any advice.

I've also looked at the Peco 'Catch Point' but that is a bit basic but useful for my build idea.

I just need a simple trap on the exit from Depot sidings onto passing secondary line/entrance to Depot Yard. The Trap would send offending stock down a bank!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Phil @ 36E.

• RMweb Gold
Has anyone drawn up a Trap with Templot?

Hi Phil,

In Templot click the do > snap to catch points menu item.

Here is a video showing how to insert a set of catch points:

http://www.templot.c...atch_points.exe

p.s. for those who haven't followed previous discussions, the physical p.w. object is called a "set of catch points" even when it is used as trap points in a loop or siding.

regards,

Martin.

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Phil,

In Templot click the do > snap to catch points menu item.

Here is a video showing how to insert a set of catch points:

http://www.templot.c...atch_points.exe

p.s. for those who haven't followed previous discussions, the physical p.w. object is called a "set of catch points" even when it is used as trap points in a loop or siding.

regards,

Martin.

Martin,

I seem to remember that it is possible to change from two blade to single blade in Templot but I can't recall how to do it. Please could you remind me.

Thanks

David

Hi,

If its anything like the trap points at the up end of the station (assuming we are of course talking Seaton Junction) they appear to me to be standard turnouts (OK Y ones) with sand trap. I assume though it will be at the Exeter end, which appears to be somewhat camera shy. However the track plan seems to show them to be same.

Archived