i pad suvery?

Darren,

I've removed the attachment.

This looks like you've clicked on something it would have been wiser not to have done when you're outside RMweb and if you're seeing that in any form on this site it's likely your PC has been infected with some malware/adware/spyware which is causing that to appear when you're browsing other sites.

I'd recommend giving it a good clean up. We are not promoting any ipod 'surveys' (for that read some low-life getting hold of your contact info) or anything to get rid of fat guts etc etc.

• RMweb Gold

I'll swap you some weight for some height :jester:

Ditto !!

But of no interest to you, Stu - hard to see how you'd enter multiple times for that one!

And some of us would struggle - 5'11" and less than 11 stone.....

2014, 2015, 2016,...

Hi Andy

I have done a full sweep of my pc for malware/adware/spyware and nothing has come up if you put your mouse over the word survey you put up ,you get a pop up add .

It's the same for any post that has been put in that has text in blue and under scored? .

All the best

Darren

if you put your mouse over the word survey you put up ,you get a pop up add .

Sorry Darren, you've definitely got some adware on your system in that case, irrespective of what your scan has shown.

Darren, may I suggest downloading and installing MalwareBytes. Quite often I've come across infected machines that appear clean according to McAfee or other AV applications only to find that the trojan/adware is being hidden as a legit browser plugin which Malwarebytes can detect properly.

Darren.

clear all cookies not just RMWeb - it will be a pain to log on to all your favourite sites afterwards but worth it. If you can use a selective cookie basher then better still - just eliminate the nasty ones you have not 100% confidence in. Then routinely block them all from your browser, selectively letting in the ones that are good.

if you still have the same problem then next step is to block all javascript. Javascript is often used to hijack links - if it doesn't stop the problem then just turn it back on.

To me it sounds as if your browser code has been corrupted - the next step would be to uninstall the browser and then reinstall it.

As Andy said the most likely culprit is following a bad link. The trouble is every page is full of such links and if you go off site there could be many more. The link could be as simple as an image displayed here. Your browser opens the link as soon as you look at the topic containing the link and that link retrieving an image from some site then has the ability to redirect you all over the place downloading fragments of code to your PC. With images potentially being large and download speeds fast a lot can happen in the seconds while you wait. You need to exercise real caution in loading any page.

Archived