Street Running in the USA or Canada

trisonic

• 10 months later...

Never mind 'street running' - how about 'lawn running'? http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=406728&nseq=12

What I find most interesting about that photo is that all the boxcars you can actually see are Milwaukee Rd "rib side" boxcars.  Quite unique cars.  If my google search was accurate, about 13K of these cars were built.  I know its a photo of Milw train, but I still found that a interesting coincidence.

• 1 month later...

Maybe not quite appropriate for this topic because (1) The train isn't running along the blacktop, but across it and (2)  It's not a street - it's the Trans-Canada highway !!, coast-to-coast across Canada, and a freeway at this point, as it is for long stretches:  http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=435441&nseq=0

I've actually driven over this crossing, and just did not notice it. I guess I wasn't thinking of a rail crossing on a freeway. (Shades of the "Kirk Deighton cows" on the old A1!)

• Like 3

Try Oakland, California where the UP (ex SP) mainline runs in the middle of Embarcardero West street with Amtrak, CalTrain and UP freight traffic.About 30 or more movements (what running trains are called these days) a day down this street without a separate right of way.

20 Caltrain Sacramento trains a day (both directions)

4 Caltrain San Juaquin trains a day (both directions)

2 Starlights (Coast trains, one each direction)

2 City of SF (to Chicago,one each direction}

plus the UP freight traffic.

Edited by autocoach

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought fag had a different meaning on that side of the pond! GP9 looks remarkably original, with only ditch lights (is that what they are?) to show it as upgraded.

The whole livery looks right too, it's a good one.

best, Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

Fort Collins Colorado has the BNSF Sub from Denver to Cheyenne running down the middle of Mason street, around 6-8 trains a day.Since these videos were taken the rail road tracks have been seperated from the rest of the traffic by kerbing which alows the trains to run through town faster. But you can still drive down the street with a very large train at your side doing the same thing

John P

• Like 7