ModelRail USTC 0-6-0 Tank Loco Project USA

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I'm not too sure that it is a "useful" choice in the sense of being appropriate for layouts that are based on a specific location. But I still think that it will be very popular with many railway modellers as "something a bit different".

Must be about 50 years ago now that the last r-t-r model of a USA tank was produced - the French version in HO by Hornby.

• RMweb Premium

It's a great choice of prototype, Hornby AcHo produced one in HO scale in the 1960s but is rarely seen on sale and commands high prices when it does on a certain auction site.

I may buy one to model as 30072, the last steam loco to visit Portsmouth on 9 July 1967, having arrived down from Guildford (source: Diary of a train-spotter, volume 2: 1960-1968 by Michael G. Harvey (Silver Link, 1996)) which is now preserved on the Worth Valley.

• Like 1

Great news for Southern modellers, and them as like tankies.

Great stuff Model Rail and Dapol.

The day draws ever closer when we get an RTR pukka industrial tank engine like a Pecket, Andrew Barclay or RSH.

• Like 1

pleased with the announcement, sort of knew it was coming due to someone posting a picture of one on their facebook page of model rail back in 2010 from warley saying... this will make a nice rtr model... 2 years later and its been announced, pleased, all be I have also just finished a Q kits one, think it maybe a bit under scale, but still look forward to this and have pre-ordered already.

How long do I have to wait for a Longmoor version - or could I get an unpainted one?

I know WD300 was scrapped in April 1959 and would be too early for my line but I could change my modelling period. Also, it was one of the first locomotives to be painted in Longmoor blue after the end of the war.

Tony