New switching layout

squeaky

SQueaky, a possibility is a modified Ness Street

post-6688-0-69808100-1337350954_thumb.jpg

Exrend the layout around to the left(like Rays), leave the spur line in to the top left corner and either leave those industries in or fit your engine house in there noe take the centre line arounsd in a curve onto the new leg and take out Foxy Ladys, and curve that one around too and put a team track and Foxy Ladys on there. You'd need to change the turnout to the south of Barton, currently leading in to the loop, from a LH to a RH to stop dog-legging, but since all the turnouts are standard streamline ones it should transfer directly in code 75 or code 83

This is an attempt, by scribbling over the original, to show what I mean Hope it helps

post-6688-0-19894600-1337352762_thumb.jpg

Further thunk suggests do away with thw line on Ness2 leadi,g from the loco shed lead and enlarge the curve from the centre track and put the two industries on that, running the loco line with a turnout into that space now in the top corner, like this

post-6688-0-55328900-1337353805.jpg

Thanks Jack, I like the idea of having 2 crossings, makes it look very US.

There won't be enough room for my intended engine house, but that just gives me an excuse to buy something else!

Ray

I do have a few 60' cars, so I don't want the curved track to be too tight, I've bought a 30 inch Tracksetta and i'll see if I can get some nice looking curves with that.

Archived