RMweb Project Layout 2012

Andy Y

Yeah I'd loved to have entered a solo entry but don't know anyone to team up with. Was planning a TT Entry.. in a table-top!! (showcasing the capabilities of 3mm/ft while taking on board what 'TT' means.)...

Sadly didn't have anyone to do it with :(

• RMweb Gold

I also seriously considered an entry, with both father & son helping out, but the mandatory attendance at the 3 shows was the clincher - I would not be able to comply.

Great idea, and I hope there is another similar one soon, but this one was not for me.

It's with great pleasure that I can announce the winner of the RMweb Project Layout.

The winning team is formed from the Staffordshire Finescale Group including forum members:

Indomitable026 (Damian)

Old Gringo (John)

Geoff Cook

wagonbasher (Andy)

Avonside1563 (Nigel)

Mark Forrest

Black Country Blues

A first class proposal was submitted for a layout which will portray a slice of the Black Country in the years from nationalisation to privatisation, initially in mid-70s guise. The story has already begun with preparation and planning which means readers will be able to follow the development of the project from principles determined in the Railway Clauses Act through to its appearance at key events.

The model will present several key civil engineering features and explain factors that should be considered when they are modelled.

This is no rural idyll, a secondary line through the heart of the Black Country with exchange sidings serving a nearby steel plant but there will be plenty of structures, infrastructure and ambience that give the project a deinite sense of place and times.

My congratulations to the team and I look forward to seeing the project develop over the coming weeks and months. The project will have its own forum area and blog in due course with updates featuring on MRL and a series of artucles within BRM magazine as we move towards it's first public showing at Doncaster at the beginning of 2013.

My thanks also go to the other entries for Boscarne Junction and a GE mainline/goods yard plan and the teams behind those proposals.

• RMweb Gold

So what happened to 2manyspams, then? Did he get left at the county boundary? Echo Pete's view that these guys are likely to deliver.

Commiserations to the unlucky groups. I hope you can see a way to continue with your proposals - and show us what we missed!

So what happened to 2manyspams, then? Did he get left at the county boundary? Echo Pete's view that these guys are likely to deliver.

I believe he may have been untied from the signpost on the boundary now. ;)

Excessspams has at the initial stages of the project got commitments and time needs outside the group which means that the formative stages are based on the group above.

Pete, Ian, Brian (Taz), BlackRat, Brinks and bcnPete,

Thanks very much for all your good wishes. I figure we're certainly going to need them!

Well, here goes on this roller-coaster of a project that we've all got ourselves into!

This morning, I feel more like Butch, or Sundance (rather than Old Gringo), just before they jump off the cliff edge!

And I'm just hoping the landing isn't quite so wet!

All the very best,

John..

• RMweb Premium

I believe he may have been untied from the signpost on the boundary now. ;)

Excessspams has at the initial stages of the project got commitments and time needs outside the group which means that the formative stages are based on the group above.

As Andy says I was involved in the early stages, helped a bit with the proposal doc and ate some pies. Unfortunately current non-modelling commitments mean I can't sign on the dotted line to be a contractual part of the team. I took the view that I was better off declaring this from the offset rather than letting folk down during the build. This way any contribution I make will be a plus. And anyway I don't have a face for TV....

They will do a cracking job without me hindering them and the bar bill will be lower! We're still together and will be exhibiting DitD at Aylesbury.

All the best guys.

Pete, Ian, Brian (Taz), BlackRat, Brinks and bcnPete,

Thanks very much for all your good wishes. I figure we're certainly going to need them!

Well, here goes on this roller-coaster of a project that we've all got ourselves into!

This morning, I feel more like Butch, or Sundance (rather than Old Gringo), just before they jump off the cliff edge!

And I'm just hoping the landing isn't quite so wet!

All the very best,

John..

Well, John your bystanding days are over! You're in it now, up to your neck

As Andy says I was involved in the early stages, helped a bit with the proposal doc

Something which you deserve good credit for chap. It was an excellent presentation; thankfully without too many faces. ;)

Archived