Cornwall Railway Society - Website

Guest 34008Padstow

• RMweb Gold

Can't help but pile on the 'me to'...what a cracking find.

Some unseen pics of Coombe Junction Moorswater for me...:yes:

Thanks a lot Shane.

An excellent find - as others have said the GWR(WR) infrastructure shown largely intact in many photographs is very interesting. Not so sure about some of the photographs showing it being dismantled though.

Its strange to see the Roskear Branch... in a few of the pictures you can see my house, the line ran right next to my neighbours garden...

and the Hayle Wharves aswel, the iron "swing" bridge still intact, the gravel road to Hayle beach...never knew it was once a freight branch....

Great site that shows some of Cornwall's forgotten history.

Jack.

Guest 34008Padstow

Ivery often walk on part of the roskear branch, the part where tescos roundabout is near my partners sons school. Never realised it was there untill i looked the other day.

Ivery often walk on part of the roskear branch, the part where tescos roundabout is near my partners sons school. Never realised it was there untill i looked the other day.

The picture shown on the CRS website, one of the pictures is taken right outside the school, looking toword Tesco roundabout (courtasey of a well know site and map lol) Where i live there is a gap in the wall's close to Tesco, is where the sidings once ran past Frazers metals into the Holmans complex. Is hard to beleive that the Street was once part of a branchline...!

Jack.

What a great find - especially the pics of the freight branches off the beaten track. More pictures of the Retew branch than I've ever seen before.

Whats really interesting is how GWR/WR the infrastructure still looks in the 70s. Lots of inspiration.

Thanks for sharing, and thanks to all the photographers

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

As I am the only overseas member of the CRS (up till now), I have to say that it was through the good services of Keith and Nigel that I was able to access this website.  A long story but I can recommend membership of this group having made the on line  acquaintance of some of the members.

Brian.

You can tell I'm a newish member here as I am going through a lot of old stuff!  But all new to me!!

• RMweb Premium

As I am the only overseas member of the CRS (up till now), I have to say that it was through the good services of Keith and Nigel that I was able to access this website.  A long story but I can recommend membership of this group having made the on line  acquaintance of some of the members.

Brian.

You can tell I'm a newish member here as I am going through a lot of old stuff!  But all new to me!!

Not so! I've been a member of CRS for just over a year now, and I believe there may be at least one other in Australia.

I find that being a member is a great way to get access to sources of information for my layout project.