Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RMweb Newsletter

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#51 Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 16:21

I'll let this one pass Andy. Thanks anyway :)

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#52 Xerces Fobe2

Xerces Fobe2

A/C removed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 17:36

Great initiative - Why would anyone not give it a go?- it's free, it's about Model Railways and with Mr York at the helm!

XF
  • Like x 3

#53 crompton 33

crompton 33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationEAST SUSSEX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 18:31

i have now signed up. good idea

#54 Dutch_Master

Dutch_Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 18:53

Why would anyone not give it a go?- it's free, it's about Model Railways and with Mr York at the helm!

Ah, but Mr York isn't the problem ;) Neither is the quality of the production. It's the content :P Given that the vast majority of RMweb readers (not just members) only have an interest in UK railways it's quite likely the content of this publication will reflect it. But except for some "obscure" NG in a wet, remote corner of North Wales, most of the UK scene holds no interest for me. I know, it's a personal thing, but that's why I'll give it a pass. However, those who are in the target group, by all means, have fun! :yes:
  • Like x 1

#55 Lady_Ava_Hay

Lady_Ava_Hay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,783 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast UK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:21

All done, bit disappointed not to have to add my bank account and date of birth though ..... :jester: :laugh: :devil:

heading to the naughty step .....

That's OK Ian just post them here and I or Andy will add them for you.

Now where is that free laptop promised on the buzzing pop up?

#56 Xerces Fobe2

Xerces Fobe2

A/C removed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:31

North London Line and GOB Lines Newsletter -anyone? - just joking :no:

XF

#57 halfwit

halfwit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 20:32

If you live in Staffs or Derbyshire Andy hand delivers it - and does your washing up at the same time. Which is why I've subscribed.
  • Like x 10

#58 autocoach

autocoach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationFar Far to the west of the Scilly Isles-Walnut Creek California

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:05

Problem is I subscribe to BRM through PocketMags. On my account page at PocketMags, there is no account number.

I think at one time I might have had an account at MROL but have not visited since RMWEB came along.

I guess I am ahead of your curve......

But don't get me started about PocketMags and no download capability of BRM for windows or mac. They think they are ahead of the curve but it will bite them.

#59 cromptonnut

cromptonnut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,949 posts
  • LocationHorley RH6

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:23

But don't get me started about PocketMags and no download capability of BRM for windows or mac. They think they are ahead of the curve but it will bite them.

Betamaxitis?

#60 Dicky W

Dicky W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:49

There's now a link on the Pocketmags homepage to an offline reader.

Regards

Richard
  • Like x 2

#61 autocoach

autocoach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:17

Regards

Richard

Richard

Unfortunately still only available for IPad Android and Kindle platforms. Not Windows/MAC. I have not found any such link on the Pocketmags homepage to a real offline reader for this group of products. They do not extend it to all of their magazine products.

ken

Andy,

I still have had no answer about whether having a pocketmags subscription to BRM qualifies.

#62 autocoach

autocoach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:29

Regards

Richard

I did finally find the download. Badly named setup exe file. Finally got install to run. Downloading my back issues now. Looks like it will take overnight.

All will be forgiven if this works. Silverlight reader version was like silverfish. Something for the exterminator.

#63 Bomp

Bomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationGuernsey CI, 17B at heart

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:45

Is there nothing you'll stop at to stop us modelling/housework/work/gardening? I'm all for this. It'll help the quiet night shifts/trips to Alderney pass so much easier.

#64 Boris

Boris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:56

Hmmmm, a featured debate eh? I bet my comments won't make it that far.

On a serious note, if I have just signed up to a lifetime supply of spam emails from Warners I will not be amused.

Edited by Boris, 02 June 2012 - 06:57 .

• Like x 1

#65 Ohmisterporter

Ohmisterporter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationLancaster

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:35

When is this likely to start Andy? Are you waiting for a target figure of applicants? I am now on the list and waiting for issue 1.

One point, my confirmation email says I have signed up for Model Railways Live, which I didn't think I had. Is this the norm?

Edited by Ohmisterporter, 02 June 2012 - 08:44 .

#66 autocoach

autocoach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 17:12

I guess the online subscription through pocketmags does not count. I got an email back from Warners that they only know about paper subscriptions. I will have to sign up for the newsletter as though I had no related subscriptions. Previously I referenced MROL but that is an Austrailian site.

I have foreboddings about this and will provide you only with the e-mail account I use for facebook and junk mail.

As they said in Germany Bad Humbug.....

#67 Andy Y

Andy Y

RMweb Editor

• Administrators
  • 14,124 posts
  • LocationStaffs

Posted 02 June 2012 - 17:17

When is this likely to start Andy? Are you waiting for a target figure of applicants? I am now on the list and waiting for issue 1.

One point, my confirmation email says I have signed up for Model Railways Live, which I didn't think I had. Is this the norm?

If you only ticked the RMweb.co.uk you should just get that newsletter. Let us know if it isn't so.

I'll do the first newsletter in a week or so.

I guess the online subscription through pocketmags does not count. I got an email back from Warners that they only know about paper subscriptions. I will have to sign up for the newsletter as though I had no related subscriptions. Previously I referenced MROL but that is an Austrailian site.

I have foreboddings about this and will provide you only with the e-mail account I use for facebook and junk mail.

As they said in Germany Bad Humbug.....

I believe it did say about only having records for printed subs. It's entirely up to you which email address you provide but I don't understand about 'forebodings'; I've been very clear about what you get for signing up.

#68 davec.hh

davec.hh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPeak District

Posted 05 June 2012 - 18:43

I'm all for it too. I was (and still am) registered on the Warners web site so it was just a button click. Looking forward to seeing what we get.

Well done Andy

DaveC

Edited by davec.hh, 05 June 2012 - 18:44 .

#69 CovDriver

CovDriver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationCoventry 2D

Posted 09 June 2012 - 15:48

I'm all for it too. I was (and still am) registered on the Warners web site so it was just a button click. Looking forward to seeing what we get.

Well done Andy

The same goes for me I can't wait until the first edition :good:

#70 Sarahagain

Sarahagain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:56

Signed up.....

#71 Stubby47

Stubby47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • LocationA Welsh exile in Kernow

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:21

It would be interesting to know how many new Blogs, Layout Topic threads, entries to the 2012 Challenges, etc. there have been since the last Newsletter.

These would help highlight areas of the forum that are active, but not necessarily visited by the individual newsletter reader.

Stu

#72 The Fatadder

The Fatadder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,040 posts
  • LocationBerkeley

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:31

Have these newsletters started yet? Just wondering if my sign up had failed...

#73 Andy Y

Andy Y

RMweb Editor

• Administrators
  • 14,124 posts
  • LocationStaffs

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:45

Not yet Rich; I've drafted up the first one but there's a bit of a backlog at the office in preparing this to be sent out.

There's a comp in this month's one to win this if anyone wants a go.

R3104mini.jpg

#74 Stubby47

Stubby47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • LocationA Welsh exile in Kernow

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:27

It's a loco called "Norman" ! - Do I win ?
  • Like x 3

#75 The Stationmaster

The Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:51

I hate to intrude on Andy's ground but here's a slightly different sort of newsletter in the model railway world

http://www.rmcq.mixe.../semaphore.html

I've only looked at one and it is very prototype heavy but some modelling stuff at the back.
  • Like x 1