RMweb Newsletter

I've had one e-mail since signing up - a thinly veiled marketing message for other Warners products (complained and not had any repeats...)

Not had the actual Newsletter itself yet - think Andy said it's due middle of this month...

Haha, had to look back to see that (it was that long ago I'd forgotten).

I'm not washing up after that BCB lot; you should see how much they eat.

I've just sent the newsletter page back for some amendments but it should be out on Monday with the early access to MI5 which I've just checked over in its fancy new digimagreaderthingy.

• RMweb Premium

I'm not washing up after that BCB lot; you should see how much they eat.

I don't know, you do your bit to help out a bloke and the above is the thanks you get.

I'm also a bit woriied about this quote from an earlier post "A video on the Black Country Blues team". I trust it will carry the appropriate video clasification?

I've just sent the newsletter page back for some amendments but it should be out on Monday with the early access to MI5 which I've just checked over in its fancy new digimagreaderthingy.

You do realise that references on webpages to MI5 and MI6 will automatically come under the purview of GCHQ - expect a visit shortly! it may be politic to move the version straight to MI7 with an explanation internally as to why the preceding two numbers have been missed :O :rtfm: :sungum: :blind: :this:

Guest jim s-w

Hi Andy

I think i have registered but not sure. can you clarify a few things.

No where on the registration page or the T&C (that I can see) is there anything to say any info supplied will NOT be passed on to third parties. In fact one T&C does state that it may be

8.2 Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.

they also claim that

3.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.

Which if I read correctly mean that if you upload something to the site you reliquish all intellectual property rights (which I am not sure is legally enforcable TBH.)

Cheers

Jim

Hi Andy

I think i have registered but not sure. can you clarify a few things.

No where on the registration page or the T&C (that I can see) is there anything to say any info supplied will NOT be passed on to third parties. In fact one T&C does state that it may be

8.2 Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.

they also claim that

3.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.

Which if I read correctly mean that if you upload something to the site you reliquish all intellectual property rights (which I am not sure is legally enforcable TBH.)

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

The newsletter doesn't have any facility to submit material so 8.2 is not a T&C that is applicable. 3.1 is a standard protection for any of Warners material and does not relate to any contributors.

No-one who's registered for the newsletter will be having their details given to anyone else; it stays within Warners and only relates to the RMweb newsletter (unless you ticked a box to receive the MRL newsletter for example).

Due to the network issues that affected access on Saturday night and Sunday (and checking that everything is resolved) we will have to postpone the release of the newsletter containing access to MI5 until Tuesday morning.

Sorry to keep you waiting a day longer than necessary.

Archived