BRM July 2012

Dicky W

• RMweb Premium

Although some folk seem a touch averse to it (strange considering who's now paying for provision of the site) hopefully promoting the mag through RMweb will make people more aware of the contents and quality so that they want to buy it. I think the July issue is a major milestone in a magazine bringing a 'multi-media' approach to an issue which can be summarised as follows:

BRM steadily improving with strong ideas and feedback from forum members and readers and also providing opportunities for the readers to give feedback.

Inclusion of MI and input from other RMweb members.

Over 30 additional articles for the month on the MRL site - https://www.model-ra...Your_Timetable/

That's actually some going.

Works for me; I've just gone on the site and signed up for the subscription... :sungum:

So will this issue of MI be available as an electronic download to all who want it who were here long before the takeover that been part of building up RMWeb to what it is, or only if you buy the magazine?

As already mentioned by BCNPete in his post above the best of MI is also included with the electronic download (but without the higher quality paper stock)

As already mentioned by BCNPete in his post above the best of MI is also included with the electronic download (but without the higher quality paper stock)

... But those of us who don't get BRM - whether paper or electronically - don't get this access to this special MI then?

... But those of us who don't get BRM - whether paper or electronically - don't get this access to this special MI then?

As it is a compilation of some of the content from the first three MIs you already have had access to it!

Its not that a special it is amalgamation of the previous three MI issue so your not missing anything as it is already published.

• Administrators

Cromptonnut - The next MI (MI 4) will be available to download from RMweb on July 12.

MI 5 will be available to download from RMweb on September 13.

We're actually increasing the frequency of the digital MI to bi-monthly.

stewartingram - you're bang on.

Thanks all.

Steve

• Administrators

The printed MI in the July issue is a mixture of 'The Best of MI 1, 2 and 3'.

Going forward the printed MI will include:

A mixture of the best content from the previous digital MI

A new, standalone layout feature not seen in the digital MI

A preview of the forthcoming digital MI

So, you can see that going forward the printed MI will offer a decent amount of new content.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Just my few thoughts on the subject.

Why all the moaning and groaning?

Warners have gone to the trouble of putting MI into print not just for the members of RMWeb but also for the many readers out there that are NOT members of this august forum.

Warners are to be congratulated on this move not moaned at for what ever reason. After all it is a FREE supplement that you normally would not get.

I suppose I am not being realistic here though, out of 4000+ members there are bound to be those who moan at anything.

Because of this effort put in by Warners and Andy York I shall now be taking out a subscription to BRM.

I used to take this magazine years ago and stopped when it went down hill, now it is back up again with the best so that's another reason to restart my subs.

I suppose as well that I do have a vested interest as my layout is in the supplement!

Looking forward to picking my copy up from Tesco soon and then getting future copies via Royal Mail.

Cheers!

Frank

• RMweb Gold

For me, this is the best issue of BRM for a long time. My copy of the previous issue had a problem with the photo reproduction (the quality of photographic reproduction isn't always proportional to the paper quality) but this issue was superb. Well done for both the quality of the presentation and the content.

Because of this effort put in by Warners and Andy York I shall now be taking out a subscription to BRM.

Agree with this, I really like the direction BRM is going, a great issue and looking forward to more!!

Sorry, not my cup of tea this issue, too much scenery, roll on the next one.

It was a scenery special but the next issue should return to balanced content.

Where's David Larkin gone? :nono:

S'pose I'll have to wait for next month. :beee:

Not far and he'll be back; it was a scenery led issue.

• RMweb Gold

Bought a copy today, and was much impressed. Certainly whiles away the time on a train journey, and was so engrossed that I nearly missed my stop!! :O :blush:

I thought the scenic input was very interesting, and full respect to Andy for the short, snappy and highly informative pieces on water, grass & the beach.

I was just wondering if you post a photo on RMweb is BRM allowed to use it or does the picture still belong to the poster and BRM have to request permission to use it?

See http://www.rmweb.co....ly/#entry628750

Copyright is retained by the original contributor to the site (assuming it's their material) and wouldn't be used without consent.

Cromptonnut - The next MI (MI 4) will be available to download from RMweb on July 12.

MI 5 will be available to download from RMweb on September 13.

We're actually increasing the frequency of the digital MI to bi-monthly.

stewartingram - you're bang on.

Thanks all.

Steve

So were getting MI on line ie here on rmweb twice a month? After the September issue? Isn't that a bit much, wont we get overloaded and end up not bothering? Can't say I'm that keen on a standalone feature in the printed version, I thought MI was going to remain rmweb based, I don't mind the fact that MI is published in the mag with content that were all party to on here but your seperating that ability.

• RMweb Gold

Can't say I'm that keen on a standalone feature in the printed version, I thought MI was going to remain rmweb based, I don't mind the fact that MI is published in the mag with content that were all party to on here but your seperating that ability.

Not sure if you've misinterpreted here, but the printed version is a 'digest' of the first three electronic MIs... so, it's not the same.. :)

• RMweb Gold

So were getting MI on line ie here on rmweb twice a month? After the September issue? Isn't that a bit much, wont we get overloaded and end up not bothering? Can't say I'm that keen on a standalone feature in the printed version, I thought MI was going to remain rmweb based, I don't mind the fact that MI is published in the mag with content that were all party to on here but your seperating that ability.

I though it was bi monthly which is every two months not twice a month.Its July then September if I recall.

Archived