Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

Peter

I can confirm that Kernow deduct the VAT and add the [postage which will be £8.00.

Regards

Andrew

Thank you very much.

Cheers Peter.

My transpennines arrived on Tuesday and they are superb as far as I'm concerned. I'm really pleased I ordered them :good:

I love the fact that the droplights on the vestibule doors have destination labels with Liverpool Lime Street being perfectly clear to those with sharp eyesight. I've not seen these on rtr coaches before. And the FK has a wonderful mix of original 'First' and '1' stickers in the windows.

I see that the limited edition page in Model Rail states that a pair of TSOs will follow which is fantastic news so I'll be keeping an eye on the website and order some as soon as I can.

Just the Mk.1 BG to release then .... ;)

I think we'd like to do the Mk1 BG but Bachmann doesn't produce Mk1s and Mk2s at the same time, so it would have to be sold on its own. The destination labels are good, aren't they. I believe Ben gave them an actual destination label to copy.

CHRIS LEIGH

My transpennines arrived on Tuesday and they are superb as far as I'm concerned. I'm really pleased I ordered them :good:

I love the fact that the droplights on the vestibule doors have destination labels with Liverpool Lime Street being perfectly clear to those with sharp eyesight. I've not seen these on rtr coaches before. And the FK has a wonderful mix of original 'First' and '1' stickers in the windows.

I see that the limited edition page in Model Rail states that a pair of TSOs will follow which is fantastic news so I'll be keeping an eye on the website and order some as soon as I can.

I never noticed the labels!!!, i have not had chance to have them out of the box yet!, they are indeed excellent.

Great news, I`ll have a pair of TSO`s too :sungum:

Hi Mick,

It's what I have in my rake, mixed with my old Hornby and Lima MK2s but the light grey is the wrong colour. To dark I think, it wouldn't be to hard to respray thr bottom part of the coach though.

Cheers Peter.

I recently bought one cheap from Modelzone with that in mind. The white band above the windows needs repainting as well. I've also got a Replica one and a Triang conversion, both in the correct livery so I'm well stocked for TP BGs.

I was planning to also repaint a couple of the Regional TSOs in the same way (I bought an extra set recently when they were being offered at a reduced price for all four) but might not bother if Model Rail are planning to do more.

Can you use this bargain Mk1?

http://www.ehattons....tockDetail.aspx

Cheers,

Mick

I have one of these too, as a stop gap, until I either get around to changing the livery or acquiring a Replica one (almost bought one of these from them at DEMU Showcase but didn't have many pennies with me and spent them elsewhere in the end).

But I'm happy to wait for Bachmann to run another batch of Mk.1s, Chris ..... :yes:

I might have more luck posting this in a different area of the forum but does anyone know who might make the Transpennine logos in white please? I can only find them in black looking on the Fox and Railtec websites. I was thinking of adding them to an unbranded Bachmann Mk.2 in blue grey to add a bit of variety to the rake. I'm sure I saw an example on this on here that someone had already done but can't find it now despite searching.

Thanks

I have one of these too, as a stop gap, until I either get around to changing the livery or acquiring a Replica one (almost bought one of these from them at DEMU Showcase but didn't have many pennies with me and spent them elsewhere in the end).

But I'm happy to wait for Bachmann to run another batch of Mk.1s, Chris ..... :yes:

I had a Replica one a few years back, the problem is the that the blue and white line are the wrong hight.

Cheers Peter.

I might have more luck posting this in a different area of the forum but does anyone know who might make the Transpennine logos in white please? I can only find them in black looking on the Fox and Railtec websites. I was thinking of adding them to an unbranded Bachmann Mk.2 in blue grey to add a bit of variety to the rake. I'm sure I saw an example on this on here that someone had already done but can't find it now despite searching.

Thanks

Hi deltic79,

I couldn't find any when I looked a few years back, I ended up using individual letters from HMRS transfer sheet 15. Hope that helps.

Cheers Peter.

Well I have ordered the Trans Pennine pack today, and have already received an email telling me thy are packed.

Good news on the TSO pack I will get a set of them when they come out.

Ah well. I guess that project must have been dropped. I can remember that Model Rail were going to do the WCRC 47 - even appeared in the Bachmann Collecter's Club mag saying one was to be done but a magazine was commissioning it and then Model Rail had eluded to it in parts as well - but this was a year or two, maybe more ago. What with the ammount of trains WCRC do, that and the fact that their engines are notoriously popular for modern image but not released by Bachmann in 47 (Vi trains did a 47 and Hornby but the Bachmann one is best - you must agree as your own limited eds are Bachmann), and now 57 form (as you did release the 37 and Heljan have a standard release for class 33) - putting those together for a double pack and a few maroon Mk. 1s could follow in the wake of your Transpennine releases.

If however, your not going to do this then Id start the project of doing them myself. But Id rather not have it that you end up commissioning them following my raising the idea and then starting the job myself only to find them done as a limited ed later. Something to do with cutting turf and legislation that isnt it?

Ah well. I guess that project must have been dropped. I can remember that Model Rail were going to do the WCRC 47 - even appeared in the Bachmann Collecter's Club mag saying one was to be done but a magazine was commissioning it and then Model Rail had eluded to it in parts as well - but this was a year or two, maybe more ago. What with the ammount of trains WCRC do, that and the fact that their engines are notoriously popular for modern image but not released by Bachmann in 47 (Vi trains did a 47 and Hornby but the Bachmann one is best - you must agree as your own limited eds are Bachmann), and now 57 form (as you did release the 37 and Heljan have a standard release for class 33) - putting those together for a double pack and a few maroon Mk. 1s could follow in the wake of your Transpennine releases.

If however, your not going to do this then Id start the project of doing them myself. But Id rather not have it that you end up commissioning them following my raising the idea and then starting the job myself only to find them done as a limited ed later. Something to do with cutting turf and legislation that isnt it?

Don't start any work yet - remember I'm at home and don't have anyone to check with. I no longer have my finger on the pulse of what we're doing, so when I say 'no plans that I'm aware of" that doesn't mean there aren't any, it just means I don't know of any. Various ideas get kicked around and some don't take root for a very long time. We certainly did talk about a 47, and the 57 sold out so it would sound like a project with reasonable potential. We would be unlikely to do a pair, though, as it would be impractical for Bachmann to produce two different models at the same time. We also find twin-packs of locos tend to be too expensive.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi, just received my Trans-Pennine coach pack, they really are the Dog's danglies................. now should I use them or just put the whole box still covered in unripped tissue paper straight into a dust free collectors cabinet ?

Can't wait for my 47 woohoo

I think we'd like to do the Mk1 BG but Bachmann doesn't produce Mk1s and Mk2s at the same time, so it would have to be sold on its own. The destination labels are good, aren't they. I believe Ben gave them an actual destination label to copy.

CHRIS LEIGH

DELTIC 79 - thanks for that, I had completely missed the one-liner about the TSO pack! As a standalone item I was not interested but with a TSO pack and possible BG as well it's now worth investing. My first pack arrived yesterday and they are well worth it. Big well done to the Team at MR.

As an aside........on several videos of Trans-pennine rakes on Railreflections http://electra-railfilms.co.uk/ some Scot-rail Blue-grey coaches are mixed in with the TP ones...... an alternate use for the Kernow ones !

Regards

M

As an aside........on several videos of Trans-pennine rakes on Railreflections http://electra-railfilms.co.uk/ some Scot-rail Blue-grey coaches are mixed in with the TP ones...... an alternate use for the Kernow ones !

Now that is interesting. I remember the former Scotrail 47s moving down south in the later years of the service, but never knew that Scotrail Mk2s made it down too. Thanks for the info.

Now that is interesting. I remember the former Scotrail 47s moving down south in the later years of the service, but never knew that Scotrail Mk2s made it down too. Thanks for the info.

Just checked the video. York Station 30.8.90

47 475

NEA 92047 Blue Grey (BG) livery

TSO 5325 BG livery with both Inter-city & Scot-rail branding ?!?

TSO 5353 BG livery with Scot-rail branding

TSO E5306 BG livery Inter-city branding

TFK 13445 Trans-Pennine livery

Melly

Don't start any work yet - remember I'm at home and don't have anyone to check with. I no longer have my finger on the pulse of what we're doing, so when I say 'no plans that I'm aware of" that doesn't mean there aren't any, it just means I don't know of any. Various ideas get kicked around and some don't take root for a very long time. We certainly did talk about a 47, and the 57 sold out so it would sound like a project with reasonable potential. We would be unlikely to do a pair, though, as it would be impractical for Bachmann to produce two different models at the same time. We also find twin-packs of locos tend to be too expensive.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hello Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply. Is there any news or confirmation of plans. I agree with what you say about twin packs being expensive and giving you models for something that you only needed one for. WCRC im sure would be a great idea to follow up on. With 47s the likely most popular engines for the mass market. I ask as I am tempted to get the 57 at Hattons for a conversion to a WCRC machine, pending on your next reply!

A question for Chris Leigh "or anyone else at MR" is there any known delivery date for the Trans-Pennine 47 ?

Best regards

Craig.

No. We don't get given delivery dates. I think its probably the next thing we're expecting but no manufacturer gives delivery dates - the best they can usually do is a three-month 'window'.

CHRIS LEIGH

No. We don't get given delivery dates. I think its probably the next thing we're expecting but no manufacturer gives delivery dates - the best they can usually do is a three-month 'window'.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris, many thanks for taking time to respond to the query.

Best regards

Craig.

Archived