Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

• RMweb Gold

If you pre-ordered any items and have not yet received them we recommend that you first check with your bank or credit card company to see if you have been charged for the pre-order.

CHRIS LEIGH

what name will show on the statement if it has gone through?

Please give Kernow - and if necessary Model Rail - a chance to sort things out. There has been a huge amount to transfer, including 10 pallets of stock, and we at Model Rail took the opportunity to adjust the prices to include the increased VAT. Some prices already took it into account, others didn't. Perhaps it wasn't the best time to do but it was an appropriate time. We also had stock that we didn't know we'd got, and we went out of stock on an item we weren't expecting to run out of just yet. I understand that Kernow's (small) staff worked very late to cope with it all on Monday and I'd like to say a public 'big thank you' to them all.

CHRIS LEIGH

I have just spoken with Chris at Kernow and it was as suspected just gremlins on the first day! My account has been adjusted to reflect the correct pricing and the subscriber discount applied to all items ordered.

The in stock item ordered on Monday arrived at 07:50 this morning - now that is what I call service so a big thank you to both Model Rail and Kernow.

• RMweb Gold

Things continue to get better.....just got confirmation e:mail from Kernow advising that the DRS and Regional Railways sets ordered online yesterday have been packed and are ready for despatch.....

The new shop arrangements are working...and working fast!!!!.....many thanks again to all at Model Rail and Kernow.

Keith

...latest update, items ordered on Monday, packed yesterday, arrived this afternoon. Subscribers discount shown on till receipt and no postage charged. The system works as promised. All hunky dory.....one happy bunny here :D

Keith

• RMweb Premium

While noting Chris' post above with regards pre-orders (for the DRS coaches) where the payment was taken before the end of Thu 17th March so under the old arrangements, I was wondering if anyone who has seen the charge appear on their statement (like me) has received the items as yet?

Model Rail have said they are doing A DRS 37409 from Bachmann but when it will be due or ready to order I have no Idea , dont know if you can see this but they said this on there facebook page http://www.facebook....0418206 If cant just let me know I tell you what they say.

Regards

James

Thanks for the link! What brilliant news, I have been wanting a DRS 37 for ages.

Thanks for the link! What brilliant news, I have been wanting a DRS 37 for ages.

Yeah I thought that when I heard about it last year , same though Rail Express did those two in the old DRS livery but I did not get to buy them in time , I know Vi Trains did one but im not so keen on there 37s I only go for Bachmann plus I do have five already so yeah cant wait for this to be released then all we need is DRS 20/3.

James

Yeah I thought that when I heard about it last year , same though Rail Express did those two in the old DRS livery but I did not get to buy them in time , I know Vi Trains did one but im not so keen on there 37s I only go for Bachmann plus I do have five already so yeah cant wait for this to be released then all we need is DRS 20/3.

James

Yes i havent been tempted by the ViTrains as i only read they are no Bachmann. So great news, I think i decided to expand into DRS about a week after the RailExpress ones sold out! This will be my first 37 and cant think of a better livery to have it in. Model Rail really do seem to be making liveries i want. I would buy the 20/9 if it had a friend. Would fit in nicely with my GBRf fleet.

(I found this during my orginal hunt to see if 37409 was rumour or fact. Looks great, imagine a production factory run opposed to this re-spray http://cairnsroadwor...-compass-livery)

While noting Chris' post above with regards pre-orders (for the DRS coaches) where the payment was taken before the end of Thu 17th March so under the old arrangements, I was wondering if anyone who has seen the charge appear on their statement (like me) has received the items as yet?

Yes. I'm in the same position as you,but for the Regional Railways pack 2.

Waiting patiently,but I would hope they will arrive in the next few days

David

Yes i havent been tempted by the ViTrains as i only read they are no Bachmann. So great news, I think i decided to expand into DRS about a week after the RailExpress ones sold out! This will be my first 37 and cant think of a better livery to have it in. Model Rail really do seem to be making liveries i want. I would buy the 20/9 if it had a friend. Would fit in nicely with my GBRf fleet.

(I found this during my orginal hunt to see if 37409 was rumour or fact. Looks great, imagine a production factory run opposed to this re-spray http://cairnsroadwor...-compass-livery)

DRS 37 409 - Factory version vs a superbly hand finished example ex Cairnsroadworks - "chalk and cheese" comes to mind - else one needs a visit to spec.......... ;)

Yes. I'm in the same position as you,but for the Regional Railways pack 2.

Waiting patiently,but I would hope they will arrive in the next few days

David

Same here - my payment was taken on 15th March - not arrived as yet. Hopefully they were dispatched before the whole stock was shipped to sunny Cornwall :rolleyes:

Strangely I also got a letter from Great Magazines (this is where I think ;) my original order was placed) earlier this week informing me that my CC details were now out of date, and to contact them with new card details to enable the order to be processed. As a CC payment has already been taken - see above, I intend to ignore this letter for now and wait and see if the coaches turn up. It's all got a bit confusing, but now that Kernow Models have taken over distribution, in the future, a big improvement should ensue.

Will update when they arrive

Ken

• RMweb Gold

Same here - my payment was taken on 15th March - not arrived as yet. Hopefully they were dispatched before the whole stock was shipped to sunny Cornwall :rolleyes:

Strangely I also got a letter from Great Magazines (this is where I think ;) my original order was placed) earlier this week informing me that my CC details were now out of date, and to contact them with new card details to enable the order to be processed. As a CC payment has already been taken - see above, I intend to ignore this letter for now and wait and see if the coaches turn up. It's all got a bit confusing, but now that Kernow Models have taken over distribution, in the future, a big improvement should ensue.

Will update when they arrive

Ken

My experience matches yours.C.C.details taken for what appears to be ONE pack(I ordered one of each).Separately ordered the one with brake TSO on Tuesday via Kernow and it arrived yesterday--a typical Kernow performance. I await the other---!!!

Got my DRS MK2 Pack yesterday brilliant model and good service order them monday got them friday thanks Model rail look forward to your next MK2 project or DRS 37409.

Yeah it looks good though the compass logo looks a bit small to me could be wrong though.

James

• RMweb Gold

i think i'll be phoning kernow tomorrow to order a set of drs coaches, not holding out any hope of getting the ones i've ordered prior to the change as nothing has shown on the card (i think) i used for the original order

To counter some of the issues that MR have obviously been having with their old Ltd Ed distrubutor, I ordered a Scotrail 150 yesterday lunchtime (this Ltd Ed together with the SPT Orange 107 being distrubted through Harburns Hobbies in Edinburgh) and it arrived early this morning - less than 24 hours from order to arrival. Now that is good service (and Sprinter looks great too!).

Well done to Chris and the Kernow team for getting the operation up and running so quickly. Ordered the Mk2 Reggie Rail packs Sunday evening, delivered 10am this morning.

Now how about Model Rail commission Mk2s with Scotrail branding as I have a gaggle of 26s that require something to pull. Or how about a few box sets of charter stock? ;)

Anyone with an order placed with CDS before 18th March should see the adjacent topic regarding Mk2 coaches.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks for that Chris. I know its going to be a busy time for you, what with changing suppliers. They'll get here when they get here... I'm in no rush for them. Just as long as I've got a set! :D

Ordered my regional Mk.2s and here within a couple of days thanks to the website and service from Kernow.

Brilliant!

I know much has been said of previous attempts to get the magazine to do this independantly, but Ive always been patient about this seeing as they were not a full model outfit. Kernow are opperating this fantastically and should be given due credit. Heres hoping more such models follow that take my interest.

Res 47 by Bachmann anyone?

Archived