Editing Thread Title

Guest 40-something

Guest 40-something

Hi

Im trying to edit a thread title, used to be able to do it before but cant find out how to do it now! I've had a search but can see no appropriate threads.

Could someone help me out if its still possible to do it?

Thanks in advance

Guest 40-something

Click on Edit at the foot of your first post; then click on Use Full Editor.

You should then be able to do it.

Hi Andy

Just figured that out as you posted!!!

Thanks muchly!

• RMweb Premium

40-something, you are not alone...I've been wondering how to do this for a while. Glad that Andy has sorted us out! Now to change a couple of things...

Jeff

I have tried this and the first post will not edit, the others I have added after will.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
Maybe I've gone blind, but I can't see "Edit".

It's in very pale grey to the left of the MultiQuote button. It will become more visible if you hover your mouse over that button.

To edit the topic title you must edit the first post in the topic. You must then click Use Full Editor.

You can edit only your own posts.

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting. I edited the title of my layout thread in June - no problems. But recently I've noticed that I can't edit the first post on any page in my thread. All other posts, yes. If it's at the top of the page - no.

So I've just been to page 1 of Kirkby Luneside... first post. Can I edit the damn thing? No. Consequently I can't change the title etc of the thread. Any suggestions? I don't think I'm the first to have this problem.

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Jeff let me know via pm if need be what you want to edit it too and I will try for you.

Hi

I've been trying to edit the title of my layout thread and have come across the same problem as Physicsman (Jeff) above. Pressing the edit button on the first post causes no reaction whatsoever. Did you manage to sort Jeff out, Mod5 - and if so, how did you do it, please?

Rod

• RMweb Premium

Hi Rod,

Mod 5 DID sort me out, but it required a change of browser. I found IE caused the problem you refer to. Mod 5 recommended using Chrome. So I downloaded it and found that the Forum ran faster on it AND I could then edit titles again.

I've just changed the title of my layout thread (5 mins ago).

So get yourself a download of Chrome and you'll be fine. Hope that helps.

Jeff

Hi

I've been trying to edit the title of my layout thread and have come across the same problem as Physicsman (Jeff) above. Pressing the edit button on the first post causes no reaction whatsoever. Did you manage to sort Jeff out, Mod5 - and if so, how did you do it, please?

Rod

I use IE and right click on edit then open from the list. Works fine on the opening post.

Jeff (Physicsman) and N15class.

Thank you both for your replies. It's now sorted: I thought I would try N15class's advice first as it seemed quicker than changing my browser and it worked!

I'm really grateful that you both took the trouble to reply. I can't get over how helpful people are on RMweb: I hope in my own way I can give something back - which is why I started my layout thread.

Rod

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I'd like to add a signature to my post to save keep doing it, what I would like is;

Bodge :sungum:

which is Comic Sans MS, bold and italics and the in red.

I have tried Edit Signature but with no luck as it keeps telling me that; I can only have 6 URL's in my Signature whatever they are, I did PM Andy but he's been busy of late I guess.

Andy, alias; Bodge :sungum:

Hello gents.

I was experiencing difficulties when wanting to edit a post title which I know I had done before.  Came to the help posts and first in line is a topic on how to do it..

Now I remember how it is done but I still use IE11 and that also seems to give me problems now which Mod5 suggests can be cured by using another browser.

Is there not a work-a-round that will allow me to use my preferred browser IE?  My security progs all work well while I run the web through IE so I'm not wanting to change from it.

Plus the added inconvenience of swapping from to different browsers is also not something I want to do.

One other thing I also can't copy and paste normally; to do this I have to click the icon to the left of the eraser which then allows me to do it.

Any one able to offer some advice.

Regards

I still use IE11 and that also seems to give me problems now which Mod5 suggests can be cured by using another browser.

Is there not a work-a-round that will allow me to use my preferred browser IE?  My security progs all work well while I run the web through IE so I'm not wanting to change from it.

Plus the added inconvenience of swapping from to different browsers is also not something I want to do.

One other thing I also can't copy and paste normally; to do this I have to click the icon to the left of the eraser which then allows me to do it.

It seems as though there's an IE11 issue - see here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/84511-rmweb-and-the-latest-ie-11-fixes/ - any IE11 issue should be posted there

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello all, I've found this very useful as I was also unable to work out how to change my topic title - Thanks!

With that done, is it possible to change the image that is displayed in the thumbnail in the main list also?

Cheers, Andy.

Hi, Yes you can do it from My Profile. Go to the top RHS of the main screen and where your user name is click the little down arrow and then My Profile.

Go over to your picture on the LHS and hover over it, it will say change.

Follow the instructions.

HTH

Rob

Hi, Yes you can do it from My Profile. Go to the top RHS of the main screen and where your user name is click the little down arrow and then My Profile.

Go over to your picture on the LHS and hover over it, it will say change.

Follow the instructions.

HTH

Rob

Thanks Rob - That wasn't the image I was looking to change (I'd already managed to change my profile image) however, by using the same method, I've figured it out.

On the layout topics page, left click on your thread thumbnail and a window with all of your attached files appears.  Select the one you want to use then click save.

Thanks for the clue though Rob!

Cheers, Andy.

Archived