P.C.M's workbench.

Hi Peter,

Looks great! I am a bit worried about the snow ploughs as Safety Beach usually manages to avoid most snow. :sungum:

Peter

Hi Peter,

You think it might be a bit much for the handful of frosts we get each year. lol

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Guys,

I have done a bit more on the class 20s but not much. A lot going on at the end of last week as one of my Daughters school friends killed herself on Thursday night, its the second girl this year. I really wonder whats going on with some of these poor kids. I lost a very good friend a few months back and he was only 67 so it's not been a great time.

Anyways enough doom and gloom, while I had the grey primer out for the 20s roof grilles I decided to make a start on my 33/1 and painted the black lamp brackets, this evening instead of cracking on with the 20s I stripped down the class 33/1 and rubbed the numbers off. 

Is it just me or do other modellers get side tracked, the other thing is none of these locos were on my to do list for the year either.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to learn of events Peter.  There's support and friendship here any time you or the family need it.

Sidetracked?  Of course I get side-tracked.  That's sometimes where my better ideas and work have come from!

Thanks Rick and Jeff, I very much appreciate your support. It was actually another quite Stressful day today as Abbie was in hospital this afternoon having her Wisdom teeth out, on there way home now though have stopped off for ice cream.

I did however arrive home to find a parcel from Appleby model engineering containing some very nice looking transfers.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Not a lot of progress with the class 20s as the 33/1 is getting some work done at the moment.

So far roof fan grille removed and fan painted orange. Yellow painted onto the top of the high level pipes and lamp brackets, bogie sides removed and centre spring cut off and set back, fuel tank section sides removed and 1mm each side filed off the centre bit and sides placed back on making the fuel tank 2mm narrower, battery clips added with plasticard. Exhausters made from brass rod and attached to chassis.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-65937600-1383732083_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-90232000-1383732137_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-00173200-1383732195_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-54977500-1383732259_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-63060600-1383732305_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-85500700-1383732351_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Not a lot of progress but I am getting there, the class 20s and 33/1 are almost ready for transfers and weathering as is the Brill.

Another project I am having a go at is a Lord Nelson. This loco belonged to my friend who passed away earlier  this year. He had made a start so it only needs the lining sorted and some weathering. I found the nameplates in a box and the missing bogies for the tender were in a jam jar. I remember Alan starting the loco a few years ago now so its luck we found all the bits.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-15139800-1385714754_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-10876800-1385714783_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-99450800-1385714811_thumb.jpg

Hi Peter

Nice to see the bogie centre springs getting correctly moved back on the 33, not many pick up on that mod, the same also applying to the 26/27.

Regards

Ken

Hi Ken,

Hope you are well, haven't heard from you in a while.

My other class 33s have the mod so it didn't take long as I have done a few already. I have a few class 26s and a class 27 that will get done at some point.

Cheers Peter. 

I have finally finished my YAA Brill wagon, basically just a repaint and new transfers. It seems to have taken ages to do but I have a few things on the go at the moment. I may add a load of rails at some point.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-58223300-1387104322_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work. I'm in the progress of improving my 33s and saw this thread. What size brass rod did u use for the exhausters?

Thanks

Will

Hi Will,

It's 1mm rod with some 0.5mm wire pushed through and soldered in place.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Will,

It's 1mm rod with some 0.5mm wire pushed through and soldered in place.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Will have a go myself (as soon as I some 1mm rod!)

One thing that sticks out to me is the body lifting handles (especially on mine as the 33116 had them painted them yellow). - Have you had you tried anything?

Also i hope you don't mind one last question - how did you get such a clean cut for the centre bogie springs?

Thanks again

Will

No worries Will,

Let me know how you go, Not sure about body lifting handles. I think they are on the model, I will post a pic of 116 I remember seeing tarted up for railtours.

I cut the spring off with a sharp knife blade, I normally do a few cuts from the front then work away at the back until they come off. (mind you fingers though I am always cutting myself). Then clean up with a file.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-77064300-1389338815_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No worries Will,

Let me know how you go, Not sure about body lifting handles. I think they are on the model, I will post a pic of 116 I remember seeing tarted up for railtours.

I cut the spring off with a sharp knife blade, I normally do a few cuts from the front then work away at the back until they come off. (mind you fingers though I am always cutting myself). Then clean up with a file.

Cheers Peter.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=367815

I used to work on the top floor of the building in the background. My office had an excellent birds eye view of Woking station.

Edited by paul-dereham

Hi Paul,

Did you get any work done? Woking was still quite a busy yard back then not to mention the mainline. Always a good spot to find class 33s pottering about.

I was working on the up side one day and while having lunch in the van a pair of class 37s backing onto a train came off the track right in front of us. It was only one set of wheels but something I had never seen happen before.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Ken,

Hope you are well, haven't heard from you in a while.

My other class 33s have the mod so it didn't take long as I have done a few already. I have a few class 26s and a class 27 that will get done at some point.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter

Health wise - "mus'nt" grumble" as they say.  I've not got much done of late, other priorities and all that ! Did get some time recently to have a play around when my new 40 arrived, as you will no doubt have read all about it on here/elsewhere ! At long last, finally a 40 that looks the business. Still undecided what to do with it, but I'll certainly be looking in here, to see how you go about the possible ? under tank removal etc once you get a model ?   An early (tank less) chassis assuming it will fit the new body, a possible option perhaps ?

BTW Nice work also on reducing the 33 tank width

cheers

Ken

Edited by tractor_37260

Hi Paul,

Did you get any work done? Woking was still quite a busy yard back then not to mention the mainline. Always a good spot to find class 33s pottering about.

I was working on the up side one day and while having lunch in the van a pair of class 37s backing onto a train came off the track right in front of us. It was only one set of wheels but something I had never seen happen before.

Cheers Peter.

It was a bit of a distraction. The angle of the building meant that the yard couldn't easily be seen from my office, I was overlooking the station itself. I was there from 1989 for about 5 years.