Members Day 2012

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

'fraid I was scared off by the Taunton mob - once bitten, ya know :stinker:

Much though I'd love to join you I am safely back down under and unlikely to be making another trip to home shores so soon. On the other hand the portfolio of my layout pics is still over there and could be made available if transport were available from and back to Sussex.

• RMweb Premium

Great news, Andy - looks like this will be a splendid day, and I'm really looking forward to the event - and I won't bring the new puppy - she can stay home with 30747.the

Are the SWAG contingent bringing the pasties, or do we need to source our own?

Also I see that there is a bar this year - so this could be Grand Day Out of the year.

Regards

Stewart

Are the SWAG contingent bringing the pasties, or do we need to source our own?

Last year we did baked taters, chilli / other fillings and salad to fend off the pasties. If the weather forecast* is rock solid I may do a barbecue.

Exhibitors will be able to have the now traditional oatcakes (without PhilH giving me earache this year ;) ).

* The sun has always shone on Members Day; don't let me down now!

• RMweb Gold

Typical - I'm at the Hartlepool show that weekend :threaten:

Well, I managed to double-book my diary too, Dave, just didn't think to check, but having said that, whilst I regret not being able to go to the Members Day, I'm really looking forward to Hartlepool. It does look like a good line-up there, too.

Looks dead cultural! I shall not go to Hartlepool.

Chris

Having Failed to Show for all the previous Members Days I think I will have to ditch the trip up to Hartlepools and make my best endeavours to find my was south and west to Stafford...

Well, we'll miss you, guys, but don't forget that Hartlepool is a two-day show, so anyone with sufficient time/Brownie Points could always come on the Sunday?... :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Well, I managed to double-book my diary too, Dave, just didn't think to check, but having said that, whilst I regret not being able to go to the Members Day, I'm really looking forward to Hartlepool. It does look like a good line-up there, too.

That's exactly what I did, that's why Felton Lane is on the layouts list, but I'd promised Andy first.

Well, we'll miss you, guys, but don't forget that Hartlepool is a two-day show, so anyone with sufficient time/Brownie Points could always come on the Sunday?... :sungum:

My intention is (depending on what time I wake up) to get unloaded on Sunday morning and nip up to see you all. :good:

Guest Tom F

Ah Excellent! I'll be there. My first RMweb day.

Hopefully the weather will be good for the drive down from the Dales. :)

• RMweb Premium

As part of my homework, I've checked out the local bus routes and times from the station to the end of the road leading to the venue, and there's two routes - they are the 74 and the 825 both operated by Arriva. 74 is hourly at xx.40 and 825 is half hourly at xx.52 and xx.22, so the nearest bus to get you there for the start time is the 09.52 service 825. It appears to be about 500 metres from the bus stop to the venue.

Return services get to the station again at xx.45 and xx.15 (825) and xx.25 (74).

There's also a no 2 (not from the station) which stops outside the venue, but not at the station, it appears to be quite sporadic (hourly) and also appears to die off in the early afternoon, so is probably a non-starter for most visitors.

Hope this helps

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Just to say that Ravensclyffe doesn't look like it is shown in the picture on Andy's posting anymore, it's moved on a very long way from that I'm glad to say.

Very much looking forward to bringing it out in public again.

See http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3288-ravensclyffe/ for more on the layout.

Andi

This will be the first RMWEb members day I have attended, I've always either been at work or on holiday for all the previous events.

I shall rely on my Sat-Nav and hope I don't end up on the Exeter by pass!

I note on the poster it says "Free entry to RMWeb Members" does that mean none members are welcome but have to pay?

If any one attending fancies a play on Pen Y Bont you will be welcome as guest operators, It will give me a break to have a nose round! Remember Martin (back in an Hour ) Jones?

Also if you want to run or test any of your own stock or locos, bear in mind that Pen Y Bont is DC only I will do my best to accommodate members requests.

Cheers everyone and see you there!

Frank

Archived