Members Day 2012

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I can't watch viddy 'cos I'm having to use a ten year old Powerbook which is now unsupported by Adobe....

Chris, if you put it on YouTube I could watch it (and then b!@ch about Ian and Julia's layouts being missing).

Just in case you haven't found it yet.

Watch it fullscreen in HD if your Apple can cope!

I just sat and watched it (full screen). It was really beautifully filmed and I enjoyed it immensely! The "Soundtrack" was relatively unobtrusive and in parts actually uplifting. As a musician who has done a couple of Soundtracks I know how bloody difficult it is....the best compliment to receive was one I got: "..the music? Yeah I don't remember the tunes but I know I liked it".

Brilliant of "Black Country Blues" to hire "Mr. Pastry" as spokeperson...........................................................................sorry, Johnny Gringo, you know I love you!

Best, Pete.

Watched the video TWICE still could not get Trebudoc or Loch Leven on there so Highclarie is not alone. But I must say the shots of Pen y Bont and Orchard road were great to watch again, so well done guys. Maybe next year!

My thanks to all for the photos, if nothing else they gave me a taste of the open day, which I sorely missed attending. I did notice some of the "usual suspects" in the photos (I would have enjoyed catching up....).

Well done to AndyY et al. for this effort.

Oh well, roll on 2013. And this time I will be there

F

p.s. I am most p******d off that I was so unorganised this year that I was unable to get myself and my stand (progress in constructing buildings) together for the open day, something that was complicated further by Mrs iD's dogsitting activities...

Morning all,

The video I shot at the Members' day last weekend is finished:

http://bit.ly/OC5Ij6

A handful of layouts (as many as I could fit in) plus a quick look at the Black Country Blues project layout and the team (a longer video to come on that soon) and of course an intro from Andy York.

Thanks to everyone who put up with me and my roving camera on the day!

cheers

Chris

An excellent short film Chris, muzak and all! One of the best I've seen. Keep it up.

Carl

• RMweb Gold

What's happening at +8:34 with the moving bushes ???

I just clocked that too...:O I'm guessing the chilli could have played a part in it :D

Nice Vid - Almost had the impression I was there.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all for the photos and videos which are a reminder of a great, great day.

After over a week's reflection, I am still looking back on just how much I enjoyed myself, and from what I've seen, I also managed to escape all the photos posted thus far, though I was sitting opposite Jenny (green top) in Chris' panoramic view of the hall.

See y'all next year - as soon as the date is known, please let me know, as I may need to organise my annual holiday so it doesn't coincide, and I'll also need to book a day's leave if it falls on one of my rota'd Saturdays (it normally does).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived