Members Day 2012

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I have a cunning plan which, if everything comes together, will result in me being able to come to this years event.

If I do make it I will be bringing my 2012 Innovation Challenge entry and will happily answer any questions that come my way.

With regards to the proposed barbecue – may I suggest Sushi as that is served cold and wet and shouldn't be bothered by the inevitable rain!

Kev.

• RMweb Gold

Well the rostering gods are really being kind to me at the moment! Last minute roster change today means I'm now off on the 7th. Now to work out train times.....

Tom.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, am I really that thick or wot??????YES, YES YES he cried

I wouldn't be that harsh, not after the number of times I've missed something in big bold letters right under my nose.

Adrian

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I shall be in attendence with young Frank and Pen Y Bont helping him with the layout so he can wander around and what not...Do stop me and say hello. I will apologise now I'm awful with names and faces...I can just about remember my own! I'll have a name badge on if I can remember to bring it...

Jaymes

Evening all,

I would love to attend this event. Bizarre question... Can I bring my 9 year old son? And can he operate any of the layouts on show?

I only aske as he has operated Oulton TMD before it became huge and wants to play more...

Look forward to any layout owners responses.

Jeff

1. Can I bring my 9 year old son?

2. And can he operate any of the layouts on show?

1. Yes of course, he'd be most welcome.

2. That's down to individual layout owners of course but as it's a bit more relaxed than a conventional exhibition I'm sure someone may accommodate if he's got potential! ;)

In answer to your title question....a long way away and still recovering from Lost Colonies Commiseration day...(4th of July)

Are there any events in September-October time period I shouldn't miss...

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

Off to Howes of Oxford today to ensure 3 more locos are fit for operations - 373, 1696 and 6811

Yes I know we need more Peaks but variety is much more fun....

Guest drivers welcome, we run ECoS wireless, take a timewarp back to 1971

Phil

Just checked the 'ASLEF book of dreams' and I'm rest day on the 7th so fingers crossed I'll be there.... I'll be driving up (probably in the old Rover P6 if it's dry!) so if anyone needs a lift en route feel free to PM me and we can sort something out in advance ;)

**I could always pick one or two folk up from Stafford station if needs be seeing as I'll be passing there anyway!**

I will be there, probably with the entire family in tow this year as we got it in the calendar early enough to stave off any double bookings. T'missus would like to know if you want donations of cakes again this year?

• RMweb Premium

I will be there, probably with the entire family in tow this year as we got it in the calendar early enough to stave off any double bookings. T'missus would like to know if you want donations of cakes again this year?

I dont know about Andy but I will always accept a donation of cake . :jester:

That's the wrong weekend! I'm over the weekend before, and only in Burton upon Trent, so I could have got! Oh well, I'd better start saving the brownie points for next year.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

I would love to attend this event. Bizarre question... Can I bring my 9 year old son? And can he operate any of the layouts on show?

I only aske as he has operated Oulton TMD before it became huge and wants to play more...

Look forward to any layout owners responses.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm sure that your son (and yourself) could have a go on Orchard Road.

Richard

Archived