Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dock Green

7mm layout 1950s ER London O gauge LNER

• Please log in to reply
4750 replies to this topic

#4751 chaz

chaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationEastleigh Hampshire

Posted 12 December 2017 - 18:20

Three more snaps for those of you with an appetite for them...

P1030183-1.jpg

The Peckett "Susan" rumbles over the canal bridge and away from the transfer siding. This model was built from an Agenoria kit. If you want an easier route to one of these the Ixion O gauge RTR model is of the same class.

DSC_1960-1.jpg

An English Electric type 1 is leaving the yard with a trip freight for Ferme Park. Who could have foreseen when they first appeared in 1957 that this class would be one of the longest lived, outlasting many later machines. My affection for these ugly ducklings is to some extent due to my sighting of one as my first ever diesel - on a Hatfield to Dunstable passenger train! I would have been eight or nine (in short trousers) and was trainspotting with my father.

DT pic 5-1.jpg

68891 - one of Hornsey's J50s - is on yard pilot duty. Someone has given the number a clean but the BR totem on the tank is obliterated by layers of accumulated filth. 68891 was withdrawn in July 1961 and Hornsey shed (34B) closed that year.

Chaz

• Like x 8

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7mm, layout, 1950s, ER, London, O gauge, LNER