Bachmann City of Truro

Implacable

And very handsome it looked too!

It does look nice in black. I don't care if I get lynched for such a comment. If it was in black now it would look fantastic next to the Dukedog. B)

• RMweb Premium

Just got my copy of Model Rail. A nice article on the City of Truro loco and a brief run down of models produced. the last paragraph hints at a forthcoming model to be released soon! Well, I have a friend who is a member of the Bluebell Railway and I remember him telling me that a model manufacturer was measuring the loco when it visited the railway back in 2006. That seems to tie in with an iminent release date.

He would not tell me who the manufacturer was, but hinted that they were based closer to the Bluebell, rather than farther!

Which suits me very well given the track record of the closer company. One of the "Big Two"

Mind you, I have also seen articles recently (plus the two photos in the Bachmann calender) that suggests a King is in the offing.......

Bachmann details of the Freight liner Class 70 model were released at around mid-day time?

If C-o-T is coming from Hornby the announcement could well be at mid-night, although I suppose we are unable to discount the involvement of the N.R.M at York in the awaited details?

A fine looking model, although it seems to me that the frames are a very bright shade of red.

[yoda voice] Worry young one shall not. Pre-production it is.[/yoda voice]

Nice model,shame about the price. ??145 for the standard version? Do you get DCC sound for that?

RichardS

It may seem expensive but I think when you consider it against other models it isn't really, the Hornby Clans are ??100+, Bachmann's A2 is in the region of ??120 rrp isn't it, these are models which have benefitted from past models having bits already available such as wheels (Clan), tenders etc whereas CoT is going to have been laser scanned and made from scratch. It isn't much more than the Deltic was and that will have utilised the Standard Deltic Chassis. Also remember that as a Ltd Edn it will see for its RRP and also it is a fundraising venture for the museum. I have to say i personnlly don't feel it is too expensive. But as with many things in modelling it all comes down to personnal opinion.

Guest Max Stafford

[quote name=RichardS' date='04 December 2009 - 12:54 ' timestamp='1259931279'

post='37519]

How much do you think it should be Rich?

Dave.

Nice model,shame about the price. ??145 for the standard version? Do you get DCC sound for that?

RichardS

Very nice indeed and usable in many periods (livery and fittings permitting). Does anyone know if there is any chance of an N gauge version?

I know Deltic has not appeared in N gauge but the Farish range only has an only poole-era deltic so that is not very suprising. CoT will be an all-new model so might it scale down well?

• RMweb Gold

Here we go, new models are announced and we get the usual comments about costs.rolleyes.gif

You get what you pay for.

This is a one off model only available for a short time, it won't be in catalogues for years to come like other models.

No doubt if it had been ??60 people would then be commenting on the lack of detail or quality etc.

Everyones got a choice, if you don't think its worth ??195 or ??145 then don't buy it.

Personally I think it is worth the premium to get something like this.

So I have put my money where my mouth is and just ordered one of each.

Nice lady at NRM stated both the Platinum and Standard edition are due in the next 28 days.

• Like 1