Battery powered/Radio controlled locos

StuartM

A few years ago I tinkered with the idea of a Battery powered/Radio controlled loco and made a rough and ready prototype.

The advantages over conventional power through the rails would be absolutely no track wiring at all, no track or wheel cleaning!.

You could run any number of locos as they would all operate like an addressed dcc loco and the battery would take the place of the chassis and would like a mobile phone last for days rather than hours, plus you'd have the fun of taking your loco to a refuelling point to recharge just like the real thing.

I know that this is done in some of the large out door scales in the states but there is no reason why the technology could not be shrunk to fit into an nguage loco and definitely a oo one.

It's the next logical step

There is a short video that proves it works

post-10866-0-68327400-1344688891_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-68327400-1344688891_thumb.jpg

Guest jim s-w

The red arrow system has been comercially availible for 4mm scale for well over a decade. Theres a more modern version bern floating around for the last couple of years but i cant remeber what its called.

Not seen it in n before though. Would something like an ipod nano battery be avaolable?

Cheers

Jim

I found that a small wall plug charger two wires one of each end of where the battery would fit aplied to both tracks and one wire to the coresponding wheel occording to +- in an isolated section dose the trick. and fit this on scence or ind the fiddle either dose the trick and as long as power only gose to one wheel either + or - you should be fine to run many. hope this helped jon dartnell

Archived