What's the earliest moving film taken on the the S&D?

sn

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just borrowed a dvd set from a neighbour called Steam Through The Decades (I think) anyway on the 1920's disc , in the Midland section , there is an excellent black and white film of Highbridge loco works in around 1929 . All locos are in S&DJR livery approx 10 featured with a pretty in depth look at No45a 'Dazzler'......it's certainly now on my shopping list , copies were available through Steam Railway magazine late 2012 but I didn't realise the content then !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I now have my own copy of the 1920's dvd (£12.99) . The quickest way to view the S&D clip is to go to the chapters , select 'The Midland in Scotland' section and then press rewind as the the S&D bit is just before .

• 4 years later...

The BBC filmed the Centenary of the Somerset Central Centenary on August 28th 1954. It was shown on

'Childrens TV' on the 29th with a repeat the following Sunday.

There is a snip in 'Steaming through the West Country DVD' but only a few seconds and v-poor quality.

(I don't know if the snip is from this film or not)

If you don't know the Centenary was run from Glastonbury to Burnham on Sea by both the Somerset

& Dorset plus Clarks Shoe Factory. The Loco was 3F 0-6-0 43201 displaying her S&D number 64.

Archived