Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Kernow Models D6xx Update

• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#751 Graham_Muz

Graham_Muz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,840 posts
  • LocationPrinces Risborough - South Bucks

Posted 15 October 2017 - 21:06

Was it running at a realistic speed for an express diesel type, as there has been concern about the speed range, due to the DJ Models Class 71 having a low top speed, when pulling a coach load, due to the coreless motor used or the gearing system. DJ Models are building the D600 using a similar motor/drive system as the Class 73

It was running on the High Wycombe and District MRS layout Hinton Parva all 32ft x 10ft of it and hauling a full rake as part of our sequence. She effortlessly and a full range of speeds, with plenty of power in reserve I can assure you. I thank the guys at Kernow for letting us have a play and give the EP a good running in session for all 15 hours of the show (as we started running our sequence 30 mins before opening each day) 

As many will know I am not a Western man (we had the Bulleid diesel running too which kept me happy) but by all accounts she, like the Bulleid,  ran well with no issues over power, haulage capability or running qualities.

The big Warship looked good running at the Peterborough show today, thanks to the guys on Hinton Parva for letting me have a close view of it and the Bulleid 1co-Co1. Both look very good and were hauling fair sized trains. I am still trying to find a reason for having a third one on an Eastern Region layout. :scratchhead:

Clive, It was a pleasure to let you have a closer look at the D600 and the Bulleid Diesel, I did wonder, as you were describing your building exploits, if it was you I was speaking to!

Anyway a few pictures as requested...

D600_1.jpg

D600_2.jpg

D600_3.jpg

• Like x 19
  • Thanks x 3

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#752 Clive Mortimore

Clive Mortimore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,652 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere Lincolnshire

Posted 15 October 2017 - 21:26

It was running on the High Wycombe and District MRS layout Hinton Parva all 32ft x 10ft of it and hauling a full rake as part of our sequence. She effortlessly and a full range of speeds, with plenty of power in reserve I can assure you. I thank the guys at Kernow for letting us have a play and give the EP a good running in session for all 15 hours of the show (as we started running our sequence 30 mins before opening each day) 

As many will know I am not a Western man (we had the Bulleid diesel running too which kept me happy) but by all accounts she, like the Bulleid,  ran well with no issues over power, haulage capability or running qualities.

Clive, It was a pleasure to let you have a closer look at the D600 and the Bulleid Diesel, I did wonder, as you were describing your building exploits, if it was you I was speaking to!

Anyway a few pictures as requested...

attachicon.gifD600_1.jpg

attachicon.gifD600_2.jpg

attachicon.gifD600_3.jpg

Thank you Graham. I liked the gas turbine models that were running today.

#753 PrestburyJack

PrestburyJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:51

I found a way to improve class 71 speed on DC (only) by clipping a connection on the PCB.  Do that on DCC however and the locomotive might never run again.

Hi, which connection is that please, do you have a photo?

Thank you.

#754 No Decorum

No Decorum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:25

Thank you Graham. I liked the gas turbine models that were running today.

Gas turbines? Let’s hope that Kernow is looking for something to do after the present avalanche has been cleared.

• Agree x 3

#755 Waraqah

Waraqah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationWaiting for a train on the Riyadh Metro. Could be here some time...

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:47

The big Warship looked good running at the Peterborough show today, thanks to the guys on Hinton Parva for letting me have a close view of it and the Bulleid 1co-Co1. Both look very good and were hauling fair sized trains. I am still trying to find a reason for having a third one on an Eastern Region layout. :scratchhead:

Because you can!  :-)

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

#756 Southernman46

Southernman46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Location3 leagues north of 72B, 4 leagues south of the old enemy, occasionally E6 too

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:11

Gas turbines? Let’s hope that Kernow is looking for something to do after the present avalanche has been cleared.

No No them proper SR Hornby electric locos need doing first ................. :D

• Agree x 4
  • Friendly/Supportive x 1

#757 bubbles2

bubbles2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNorth Cornwall

Posted 02 December 2017 - 20:20

Nothing here for over a month now so I thought it was about time for some pictures of an A1A-A1A North British product........

[/url]The JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr">http://38752246892_e57842c110_h.jpgThe JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr

[/url]The JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr">http://38065114124_36ea853e0e_h.jpgThe JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr

[ [/url]The JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr">http://27007516049_49fb4d23d7_h.jpgThe JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr

[/url]The JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr">http://23918175847_4ea4d58873_h.jpgThe JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr

[/url]The JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr">http://37896809005_117c1a952e_h.jpgThe JR SCMAGLEV and Railway Park. by mailrail, on Flickr

Ok I know it's totally off topic but it just shows how diverse some of the motive power was coming out of the North British factory back in 1923, 34 years before the first Warships were turned out, although the Warships were built at the Queens Park Works and the plate on the electric states the Hyde Park Works but both in Glasgow. 

North British, with it's constituent companies had a history dating back to 1833 and at one time  had been the world's largest locomotive builders.

Alright history lesson over we can get back to waiting for the Kernow model!

Edited by bubbles2, 02 December 2017 - 20:25 .

• Like x 5
  • Informative/Useful x 1