Kernow Models D6xx Update

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Kernow Model Rail Centre have announced another version of this warship model and it will be in BR Blue with Small Yellow Panels.

Not only have they added an additional item but their Facebook post from Warley contains three words some of us have waited a long time to see.

“Now in production”

Stand by layout to receive 6xx fleet. :)

• Like 6

I've had the email from Kernow too but it doesn't have the offer of 1500 Loyalty Points. I can see from my Kernow account that the order was placed in June 2010 (8 and half years ago!). Before I comtact them is there any other qulaifying criteria for the Loyalty Points credit that anyone is aware of?

• RMweb Premium

I've had the email from Kernow too but it doesn't have the offer of 1500 Loyalty Points. I can see from my Kernow account that the order was placed in June 2010 (8 and half years ago!). Before I comtact them is there any other qulaifying criteria for the Loyalty Points credit that anyone is aware of?

No other qualifying criteria that I know of. I ordered back in 2010 as well and had the bonus offer last year - which I took up straight away.  Meanwhile preparations continue with added fervour.. Cornish Riviera headboard given a polish, Choc&Cream Mk1s close coupling being installed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have only recently discovered this class of diesel, handsome beasts aren't they?

Very tempting despite there being no call on the LNER for one it can keep the new Deltic company perhaps

Rule No. 1...your railway, but notwithstanding that: I was sat in a carriage in Derby Station in the 60's when I heard the sound of a Hymek on a through line. Sure enough one came through, though I wasn't in a position to record its running number, but I saw the sides of said loco go past. So, it was not impossible for a NBL Warship to be north of Watford. I would be interested if somebody did witness an NBL Warship on unusual metals, i.e. Yorkshire/Notts.

I have to admit I would rather they had done D602 in BSYP. I certainly would have bought one. Maybe they will release some more in another batch?

I have received the letter from Kernow too but mine says that the deadline for confirming is DECEMBER 20th, not November 30th. Anyone else got this date in their letter?

• RMweb Gold

I have received the letter from Kernow too but mine says that the deadline for confirming is DECEMBER 20th, not November 30th. Anyone else got this date in their letter?

Mine said December 20th, too, IIRC. Already dealt with it.

John

EDIT: The email says November 30th....

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Premium

Apparently they expect something like a 16-week time period from now until delivery assuming there are no last minute hitches and presuming the factory recruits again quickly after Chinese New Year.

That being the case I shall make tentative plans for personal collection from Camborne and immediate transport one stop down the line to Hayle where I shall be giving weathering workshops at the MRC exhibition over late May holiday weekend.  To have the 6xx there would be particularly relevant and very timely.

As always fingers are crossed but breath is not held.

• Like 3

Kernow broke the 16 week down into 8 weeks to produce and 8 weeks to ship. As Chinese New Year is 5th Feb 2019 with luck they'll be made before the holiday by staff who have been working with the manufacture for the last year rather than new staff being trained for the new year. It seems to make a difference :)

Luke

I have to admit I would rather they had done D602 in BSYP. I certainly would have bought one. Maybe they will release some more in another batch?

They have announced this version last week at Warley show and on Facebook to be produced with the others in the first production run.

The only criteria for the loyalty points is that you need to ask them to set up a loyalty account.

Samuel.

Does anyone know if D602 GSYP with headcode boxes and original grills which I have on order is suitable for renumbering to D603 or D604 in this condition? As I would quite like D602 BSYP but don't particularly want 2 locos with the same number. 

Edited by bubbles2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well I've just paid for my two- Just a short wait I hope now.

In the meantime some beautiful slides I've just acquired with copyright.

D603 at Iver late 1950s/early 1960s

post-6925-0-57321300-1544710255_thumb.png

D602 Paddington in the same time period

post-6925-0-19581800-1544710273_thumb.png

They're on my hydraulic photo thread but not everyone reads that!

Neil

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Apologises if I am mistaken but over 12 months ago was there not a request / offer to pay for your D6xx Warship in advance and the price was being held for you?

Logging onto my account it is unclear if my payment has been allocated .

I did try to email but haven't as yet received a reply

R

(age and too many orders is to blame)

Apologises if I am mistaken but over 12 months ago was there not a request / offer to pay for your D6xx Warship in advance and the price was being held for you?

Logging onto my account it is unclear if my payment has been allocated .

I did try to email but haven't as yet received a reply

R

(age and too many orders is to blame)

Yes, I agree there was that request a year ago or more.

Keith.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am unsure why Hatton’s appear to be promoting Kernow’s D600 but here is an Instagram screen shot from a new post. I have also emailed Chris Trerise just in case this is unauthorised.

post-3305-0-08547300-1544870377_thumb.png