woolacombe 7/8 th scale

franckcombe

Thanks for the comment.

To be honest, I tried to find a solution for my layout to create small relief in order to add interest and I discovered the Steve Cook's superb 1/32 scale diorama 'Dungeness Siding'. The problem was solved for the relief !

For the sound, I have already a cd of sound with sea waves, seagull, stern, ...

For the smell, I have to test also the Steve Cook's method because the artificial sea odors sold in shop are not really satisfying !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I worked hard to finish to paint 1 loco and 31 wagons. I resized also my crab shack that was a bit too small. Sorry for the poor quality of the indoor photos. There is no sun in France at the moment but I soon as It will be sunny I will do outdoor photos.

My rolling stocks are from LGB, Bacmhmann and HLW and are largely modified and/or are entirely scratch build.

Free lance loco with 2 V dump car with seaweed

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

Side dump car with seaweed

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

The woolacombe bay needs to develop with more tracks

IMG_3963.jpg

Maintenance of the way and repair facilities like big railway

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

Gazole car for boat and locos

IMG_3967.jpg

water tanks from HLW

IMG_3970.jpg

For the transport of the fish

IMG_3971.jpg

Repair facility car

IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

I have to had something in the hands (a glass ??)

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Franck,

I have been interested in and looked at model railways for over fifty years and your modelling work is some of the most outstanding that I have ever seen. Your appreciation of colour and texture is up there with the very best. You are exceedingly gifted, sir.

David

So realistic it had me reaching for a beach towel - how did you hold the sand in position?

Allan.

With carpenter glue diluted with water. The problem that I discover after is that the sand expand a little and reduces the gauge of my rail. With the new extra narrow gauge I have only 2 locos that can run perfectly !

The next time I will use matte medium perhaps to avoid dilatation !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the pleasure to meet during the exhibition in the flesh Andy, Howard and the rest of the staff of the BRM. I appreciate their hospitality.  We shared discussions, foods and drinks and a ride on a standard gauge train.

You will find an article of Woolacombe bay in the next few issues of the BRM.

Thanks to Steve Smith (the organiser of the exhibition) which offers me  a fantastic ride of one hour in the cab of a class 45 loco.

During the exhibition, I  was very pleased to meet also Simon HARRIS (A professional model rail roader at 7/8 th scale). He gave me also the excellent idea of the chain shunting, brilliant ! I was also impressed by his battery loco, a system that I ignore all because I'm in DCC.

Few photos of the layout during the exhibition with loco and rolling stock from Simon Harris on my layout :

The flat depressed car is a marvellous one

IMG_154.jpg

IMG_155.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I will do the exhibition in october at à Sedan (France) , then in novembre at Rail Expo (near Paris). I will exhibit also at The London festival of Raiway Modelling in 22 March 2014 - 23 March 2014. I will came with a lister and a ruston that are nearly ready.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get 2 new recruits to Woolacombe Bay : Bob and Doug Mckenzie, the cousins of Canada of the owner of the railroad !

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

I choose them because they are very expressive, a little simple-minded and a bit drunky.

I would like to have your opinion : Do you pefer Bob and Doug or th fisherman figure ? Thanks for your reply.

IMG_4079.jpg

Archived