woolacombe 7/8 th scale

franckcombe

The loco wheels are not individually sprung

The fisherman was made by an english craftmen. He ceased his activity but now a new person took the mold and the stock  :

Mrs Sue Clutterbuck

p.p. Adrian's Marine Figures

Tel: 01604 846461

Email: adrian@accidentandrisk.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Franck,

were you finally able to resolve that "smell" issue? I am also looking for a way to add that "maritime" smell of saltwater and dead fish to my layout ...

I try to test aroma of ocean but there are not  top. Perhaps I will try in a recipient seaweed with salt water plus a few drop of gasoline.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The woolacombe bay at Alexandra Palace.

IMG_2217.jpg

It was my first show in this place. The organization was quite good.  There was many interesting layout including a marvellous us one at  fn3 scale, manies excellent ideas for inspiration and copy !

I enjoyed also to met for the second time the dream team of brm : Andy, Howard Richard and Phill.

I do also shopping but for our scale nearly nothing exist (It's mainly a show for oo and o gauge)

Saw Woolacombe Bay at Alexandra Palace,  Been following your thread and really wanted to see the layout, and wasn't disappointed, very well done! The weathering on the locos and wagons looks even better than the photos. Liked the sound effects of the sea and the gulls. The locos seem to be sound chipped, meant to ask you what decoders you use?

Thanks for displaying the layout.

Saw Woolacombe Bay at Alexandra Palace,  Been following your thread and really wanted to see the layout, and wasn't disappointed, very well done! The weathering on the locos and wagons looks even better than the photos. Liked the sound effects of the sea and the gulls. The locos seem to be sound chipped, meant to ask you what decoders you use?

Thanks for displaying the layout.

You was welcome.

The loco is equipped with a decoder and in parallel under the layout I have another decoder (esu loksound with feldbanh sound) which is linked to a sub woofer and two satellites to have a powerful sound for exhibition.

You was welcome.

The loco is equipped with a decoder and in parallel under the layout I have another decoder (esu loksound with feldbanh sound) which is linked to a sub woofer and two satellites to have a powerful sound for exhibition.

Hi Frank,

I like that idea and was considering similar, if my brain, can get around what is required, for my 7mm and 0-16.5 layout Down Ampney.

Any chance that you will be writing up how such is wired up in the future?

Kind regards,

CME

• 1 month later...

Excellent! Tell us more - is this a scratch build? How did you make it?

This is a kit that I bought from back2bay6. Now it's available from Ip engeneering. I just replace the side mesh of the radiator. The motorization was done by my friend jean pierre because I  am a dummy for motorization. It's not yet finished for details and weathering.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very impressive! Although I might add that it wasn't unusual to see Rustons, particularly of this era, running with their engine covers off.

I did once work out a rather Heath Robinson arrangement in 7mm scale whereby a 27/32HP loco could be modelled almost to scale, and with a working fan, with the covers off and the engine on full display, but although I made most of the parts it is have never been assembled.

It would be a lot easier to do in ⅞" scale.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm testing new sound for loco with zimo dcc sound.

For those who want to see the layout in flesh, For the end of 2014 and until mid 2015 I will do some exhibitions in Europa :

13  14 september  2014 à Gennevilliers in France

8  9 november 2014  at  Expo-Trains at  Luxembourg

10th & 11th January 2015 St Albans model railway exhibition (London)

20-21 mars 2015 Linter (Belgium)

19/20/21 june Great Central Railway (Leceister UK)

Then I will sale my layout and I will run  on exhibitions my new layout from Norway thema.

Archived