woolacombe 7/8 th scale

franckcombe

This layout is for sale without locos or rolling stocks.

It will be available after my last exhibition  at Great Central Railway (Leceister UK, the in  19/20/21 june 2015). I will be able to leave it at leceister or at London the 21 or 22 of june 2015.

So you didn't find a buyer at Walferdange!

I thought those two "characters" looked new as I didn't remember them from RAMMA last year. They really need a "tranny" (transistor radio, there was an iconic Bush one - a ghetto blaster is probably too modern for the period) and suitable 60s/70s music on the sound system. An idea for your eventual purchaser, perhaps.

• 1 month later...

I will exhibit the 10th & 11th January 2015 at  St Albans model railway exhibition (London). Si I need to have more typical british locomotive to show. I have to paint my lister.

I have also a new project. On Rumanian narrow gauge there are plenty rail trucks or rail cars like that

1-1.jpg

It's plenty of atmosphere. The germans  done it also with combi VW. So I decided that I need also to have mine. I doodle between combi, austin mini, ...

But there is always prototype that exists so I did some reaserch and I found this

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

In fact Canadian national did 5 cars like that for inspection car. So if Canadians did that, I could do it  for my narrow gauge.

This is my unfinished version with HLW motor, esu decoder. I need to paint it, weather it a little, add sticker on it, a surfbord because it will be the rail car of the local surf club (Woolacombe bay is famous for surfing)

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at this layout for a few months now and it amazes me, my thing is more 009 / 09.

But it is amazing, and more so inspiring. :good:

I have one 09 layout on the go at the moment, but like all of my projects that's how they remain, an impending move, and lack of money, putting the layout plans on the back burner!

It was planned to be coastal, and fishing related, a layout used to bring in caught fish/shellfish from a quaint port to vans on a main road. It exists on a braced cork board at the moment, but I'll eventually have to re-do the layout, potentially with a new base board...

Thanks for giving me the kick of inspiration I needed to perhaps put a start to the project quicker, now where's the inspiration for the 00 scale layout...

I went at Saint Alban exhibition. It was a super exhibtion. I meet few english friends like Gordon and Maggy Gravett, Christopher Payne, ... I learn a lot about to do building, forced perspective, ... I learn also how to do  herbs with Maggy Gravett herself in french !

I had the opportunity to met also 7/8th scaler.

I come with Jean-Pierre Duval, my french friend that design and built the mack 2 tons.

I meet two teenagers at the exhibitions : Jamie and Josh. They was very pleased with the layout, so I left them the throttle during the 2 days. They were very efficient and studious. For my part I love to design and built a layout but not to run it.

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just come back from an exhibition in Belgium at Linter. It was a small exhibition but with an high level of layouts.

It's a rural village and one of the speciality is the beer, a drink highly appreciate by my driver. So my driver decide to promote this excellent beverage.

IMG_3676.jpg

For the fun my friend add a pelican that stolen the fishes

IMG_6599.jpg

There is also a fight between the seagul and the pelican

IMG_6581.jpg

There are also 2 beautifull animals that took place in the boat

IMG_6580.jpg

I add also during the exhibition a seagull on the top of the house and droppings

IMG_6573.jpg

Like you can see I'm not a serious modellers and in Belgium they have a special sense of humour.

• 2 months later...

Now it's time to retire this layout. I have plan to go at 19/20/21 june Great Central Railway (Leicester UK)  but for personal reason I can't.

So I will offer this layout to my friend Jean-Pierre that help me and share with me 5 exhibitions in France and Europe.

I want to thank all the persons that participate to this topic and help me to improve the layout by their critics and supports during 2 years. It was also a great pleasure to meet them also  in flesh during the various exhibitions.

Now it's also time to finish my other layout "vestvagoy" quickly because my club will be closed at the end of June.

So i will continue model railroading but at home in my apartment. With such lack of space, I have to downsizing my next project, so I will start my new project at 009 scale with a layout located in Morocco in 1917.

• 1 year later...

Archived