The Retirement Horizon - Getting Closer

BromsMods

Well it's getting closer to that time I have been looking forward to for so long now. I am planning on closing down the commercial (sales) part of our website at the end of November.

I have a couple of hand-made wooden folding display stands (pegboard backs, solid wood frames, locking mechanisms, metal hooks for products) which fit on to a table top which I would like dispose of - FREE (unless you would like to make a donation!), complete with G-clamps, and available for collection only. I think there are a number of spare pegs/hooks which I'll find out and add in.

I also have a large number of strong plastic bags of various sizes in ivory colour which are also available FREE on collection - all in a large single box.

Also 2 x large folding banquet tables at £20 each, again for collection.

Anyone interested, please PM to arrange mutualy convenient time to collect.

John,

Funny you should be retiring at the end of November - so am I, on the 30th to be precise!

Will keep my eye open for bargains on your website,

Best wishes for a long and happy retirement,

Dave

We all wait for our retirement from 'the Daily grind', but its surprising when it arrives how QUICKLY the years seem to go by. The old adage of 'I don't know how I found time to go to work' seems often true. Good Luck and ENJOY . Beeman.

John,

Funny you should be retiring at the end of November - so am I, on the 30th to be precise!

Will keep my eye open for bargains on your website,

Best wishes for a long and happy retirement,

Dave

Many thanks.

Coincidentally I've increased discounts across diecast and Hornby and Heljan ranges this morning!

John

All the best for along and happy retirement. You will be sorely missed.

Just a suggestion.Your DCC installation guides have been a massive help to me and I am sure others. Is there some way they can be preserved or passed on to a forum such as RMweb as resource we can still use ?

John

All the best for along and happy retirement. You will be sorely missed.

Just a suggestion.Your DCC installation guides have been a massive help to me and I am sure others. Is there some way they can be preserved or passed on to a forum such as RMweb as resource we can still use ?

One of the issues about our site is that not only does it have those guides and links to others but also other information, some of which needs to be updated on a regular basis, such as the Toyfair/Swapmeet calendar, Corgi Releases and EFE Releases. All of these are getting increasing usage so it would be a pity if they were to disappear as well.

Unlike other retailer sites we didn't start out like that! The original site was set up to provide information, especially on aspects of DCC, and gradually grew to incorporate other lines of information. The retail side came later, following requests for product availability, but has managed to finance the whole website, which isn't cheap at about £500 per year. So there is no way I can maintain the information side in the future, partly because of the costs involved but also the time required as I don' intend being in the UK quite as much in the future!

I have had some discussions with potential clients who could take over aspects of the current site but nothing concrete has yet materialised.

Archived