Cheltenham 27th & 28th Oct 2012

• RMweb Gold

Oh damn... Guess I'd better try to find something to carve up that won't upset too many people...

Looking forward to seeing some of the layouts that Mike has booked in this time round, a couple there that I've been itching to see.

Andi

Always a friendly show, and nice to be able to do something for charity...... a worthy cause (CLIC) and a big thank you to Mike and band of helpers for putting in the hours and making the show a continuing success.

Just for clarity - only 1 baseboard of Hornsey is being shown during the 2 days, more a kind of demo / preview exhibit. I was due to appear next year with a bigger section of the layout, but arrangements were brought forward to help fill a gap instead.

The rest of the line-up looks to be of the usual high standard for this twice-a-year event, and looking forward to catching up with faces old and new.

I've got a busy weekend, but I'm still hoping to drop in if I can find the time. The Cheltenham show has always, in my experience, been an excellent example of how to do a small show well, so I'm reluctant to miss it unless I really have to.

• RMweb Gold

Thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours this afternoon. Highlights for me were Penrhos & Cheltenham South, however all layouts were excellent and I came away with a Hornby class 60 chassis that didn't know I needed. Now to get a Lima body to fit!

Thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours this afternoon. Highlights for me were Penrhos & Cheltenham South, however all layouts were excellent and I came away with a Hornby class 60 chassis that didn't know I needed. Now to get a Lima body to fit!

Well you seemed very happy when you got your bargain chassis. Saved me from buying it.

• RMweb Gold

Well you seemed very happy when you got your bargain chassis. Saved me from buying it.

Happy to be of service, steveb860, but I wouldn't have thought a class 60 would have been up your street.

My mate & I really enjoyed our visit to Mike's show yesterday. It seemed busy for most of the day and the standard of the layouts was very high. Cheltenham South, Penrhos & Smallcombe being notable, but as Jules said, they were all good. The home-made rock cakes were also excellent...........!!!!!

exmoordave

Managed to get in a brief visit today and as usual, Mike managed to get an excellent selection of layouts, all good quality. Nice to see some familiar faces, while Thomas proved popular with the kids as ever.

• RMweb Gold

I spent most of the day there as I was helping on one of the layouts (the large noisy wet 0n30 one if you must know)

I thought the layouts Mike had assembled were top notch and given the size of venue and number of layouts the whole show was of a very high standard indeed.

Well worth the drive up from Bristol.

Chris

Happy to be of service, steveb860, but I wouldn't have thought a class 60 would have been up your street.

Ah, but Phil, I was merely assisting running kettles on Penrhos. 80's, early 90's is more my scene. Now how do I pursuade Dave to allow me and 37114 to restock his layout for a day?!!

Ah, but Phil, I was merely assisting running kettles on Penrhos. 80's, early 90's is more my scene. Now how do I pursuade Dave to allow me and 37114 to restock his layout for a day?!!

I did manage that one evening, some pics on my layout thread. Most of my stock is 1977 so didn't look to out of place!

Archived