Coldgunners O gauge thread

Coldgunner

I recall seeing a a Hudswell Clarke 1800 kit somewhere but cannot recall the manufacturer, does anyone know who this would be? Google is failing me on this :(

I'm not familiar with that designation but Agenoria produced 10 different HC kits - it was probably one of those but they're no longer available except from eBay etc.

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With a chunky boiler like that and only the cab hanging out that shouldn't be too much of a problem.Problem is inside motion on narrow gauge prototyes was very rare due to the lack of space between the frames, Ivor was never described as narrow gauge either just,Not very long ago, in the top left-hand corner of Wales, there was a railway. It wasn't a very long railway or a very important railway, but it was called The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited, and it was all there was.Maphttp://www.smallfilms.co.uk/ivor/map.htmThe only inside motion NG locos that spring to mind are the vertical boiler De Wintons or the 18 inch gauge mine locos, both types solved the problem by mounting the cylinders and valve gear vertically.

Since we are talking about NW Wales, how about the George England 0-4-0s at the FR? Or the various Fairlies? The numerous Hunslet 0-4-0 classes have outside frames and inside valvegear. Moving further S, the Fletcher Jennings locos at the TR? A short way to sea, the 3' gauge Beyer Peacock 2-4-0s and further on, various 3' gauge Irish locos?

Archived