Dapol announce 7mm HAA, HEA and VEA at Warley

Andy Y

Dapol O Gauge announcements

HAA Merry-go-round wagon

RRP£69.95

HAA.jpg

(With thanks to Tom Smith for the picture)

Available initially in 4 main versions with alternate numbers/ versions etc to follow.

Attention to detail includes discharge systems, enhanced braking system etc.

7F-048-001 HAA Coal Wagon (flame red cradle) #358363

7F-048-002 HAA Coal Wagon (Freight Brown Cradle) #355799

7F-048-003 HAA Coal Wagon (Coal Sector Cradle) #356202

7F-048-004 HBA (with Canopy) (Flame Red cradle) #368389

Tooling will allow un-strengthened and strengthened hopper bodies plus customer fitted 4 hopper cross stanchions.

HEA 4 wheel coal hopper wagon

RRP£64.50

HEA.jpg

Available initially in 4 numbers with alternate numbers/ versions etc to follow.

7F-047-001 HEA coal hopper wagon Railfreight Red / Grey #360104

7F-047-002 HEA coal hopper wagon Railfreight Red / Grey #360000

7F-047-003 HEA coal hopper wagon Freight Brown #360114

7F-047-004 HEA coal hopper wagon EWS Maroon #360354

12T BR Vanwide Ventilated Goods Van (VEA)

RRP £49.95

VEA.jpg

Available initially in 4 main versions with alternate numbers/ livery versions etc to follow.

7F-049-001 VEA 12t goods van (Vanwide) Freight Brown #230012

7F-049-002 VEA 12t goods van (Vanwide) Freight Brown #230030

7F-049-003 VEA 12t goods van (Vanwide) Railfreight red/grey #230074

7F-049-004 VEA 12t goods van (Vanwide) Olive green (yellow ends) #230142

• Like 6

VEA van? Exactly what I needed, thanks.

Good price, just need to find out expected delivery. With this and the Heljan VAA wagon that should solve 75% of my freight needs... just need to figure out whether the milk tanks will suit my time period or not and if so that'd be 100%.

Smart choices , I wonder if Dapol will be doing a 7mm type 5 to go with those coal hoppers in the future :) - Missing a huge trick if the HAA isnt shrunk down to 4mm as well though - the Hornby one is dire. Wish i'd gone to warley now !

tfn

Jon

• Like 1

Smart choices , I wonder if Dapol will be doing a 7mm type 5 to go with those coal hoppers in the future :)

Heljan have announced an RTR Class 60 which I assume would work nicely on the coal?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/61323-Heljan-new-announcements-and-updates-from-gauge-o-guildex-telford/

Just a thought though, if they run in "MGR" sets of 36 then that's a very long - and expensive - train to model...

Dave, can you clarify please?

7F-049-001 VEA 12t goods van (Vanwide) Freight Brown #230012

7F-049-002 VEA 12t goods van (Vanwide) Freight Brown #230030

Presumably one is "early brown" and one is "late brown"?

Why? These are VEA not vacuum braked vanwides. So only the later freight brown is suitable http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/vea The photograph (that I assume Andy chose) is NOT a VEA, it is an unrebuilt VB one in conservation, without lettering.

Paul Bartlett

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1

Dapol O Gauge announcements

HEA 4 wheel coal hopper wagon

RRP£64.50

post-1-0-87265300-1353571013_thumb.jpg

Available initially in 4 numbers with alternate numbers/ versions etc to follow.

7F-047-001 HEA coal hopper wagon Railfreight Red / Grey #360104

7F-047-002 HEA coal hopper wagon Railfreight Red / Grey #360000

7F-047-003 HEA coal hopper wagon Freight Brown #360114

7F-047-004 HEA coal hopper wagon EWS Maroon #360354

Photos of all four HEA are in this collection, http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhba NOTE I have had no connection with Dapol, so am only guessing from their description that they MAY be partially based on my photographs. I am not aware Dapol have ever purchased from my site.

Paul Bartlett

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Heljan have announced an RTR Class 60 which I assume would work nicely on the coal?

http://www.rmweb.co....uildex-telford/

Just a thought though, if they run in "MGR" sets of 36 then that's a very long - and expensive - train to model...

I reckon about £3000 (recession, what recession?) and about 26 feet. Now I know why, despite my liking for 7mm, I stick with 2FS!

David

• Like 2

May be expensive, but I hardly ever drink and quit smoking a year ago...and if better health and a 26ft coal train in the garden is the result... That's a good reason not to smoke any more ;)

A pack of 100 cigarettes at my chosen supermarket seems to be around £40. So that's 150 smokes per wagon. Obviously depending on your daily consumption (and, of course, if you add alcohol to the mix) length may vary, but if you start saving up now then by the time they're released you can buy your coal train in one go :)

Well, when I used to go out and get drunk at weekends I could spend loads...I went to see an AC/DC TRIBUTE band at a local an spent £125 (and felt very fought the next day at the Peterborough model show!) but if I did that every weekend that's 500 a month! I mean the cost of alcohol and cigarettes with fuel on top is terrible.. I wonder how many they will produce of each wagon? Will they tease the market at first?