Dapol announce 7mm HAA, HEA and VEA at Warley

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Talking to Dapol at Warley this year, they were saying early 2017, i.e. Jan/Feb, certainly for the HAAs. According to Joel they should have been December but the mix up with the factory between the Terriers and 08s had pushed them back slightly. I'm assuming they should be about due to begin production of them anytime.

I think the quoted Facebook message referred to 2016 dates, unless things have changed since warley, but nobody has suggested that is the case to me.

Rich

Talking to Dapol at Warley this year, they were saying early 2017, i.e. Jan/Feb, certainly for the HAAs. According to Joel they should have been December but the mix up with the factory between the Terriers and 08s had pushed them back slightly. I'm assuming they should be about due to begin production of them anytime.

I think the quoted Facebook message referred to 2016 dates, unless things have changed since warley, but nobody has suggested that is the case to me.

Rich

The post was from just a few days ago.

It was my post on Facebook about the HEA's & HAA's. This is what Joel told me when I saw him at Warley in 2016.

The situation may have changed since then, but getting an answer from them may be difficult, I'm still waiting for an answer about the sound fitted Blue 08's and their delivery date.

Regards

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Ah! I'll bow to Chris's knowledge on that one, but looks like I got the same story from Joel. Looks like questions are will have to be asked at Bristol!

I'm keen for them to arrive, but the number I'm after for two/three sets means later could be better!!!!

Rich

• RMweb Gold

I hope the likes of hattons can cope with demand. Not sure what a realistic rake in 7mm would be I was thinking of 15 it might give a good illusion, any thoughts on rake numbers?

My longest loop will hold 19 plus a loco, or 18 and two Class 20s, so I'd say your not far off with 15 as an average.

Rich

Thanks Rich, I'm trying to control the cost ha ha! I thought 15 would look long enough in the garden must be getting near 4m long with the loco. It would be great if Heljan did some 56's, I know the chap at Howes said Heljan were considering it last summer so fingers crossed.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rich, I'm trying to control the cost ha ha! I thought 15 would look long enough in the garden must be getting near 4m long with the loco. It would be great if Heljan did some 56's, I know the chap at Howes said Heljan were considering it last summer so fingers crossed.

Hiya, yes know that feeling! Love O gauge but the cost is the biggest thing lol. I agree about the 56, I spoke to Heljan at Warley 2016 and asked them just that. Their response was "unlikely" at the moment. The gist was the 60s had gone ok, but not like their other locos, and the gist was that while there was a marketplace for pure modern traction, the view of the accountants was why produce something that gives us a slow return, when we could build crossover steam/diesel era types that have a bigger market place and a quicker financial return. As a business I can see and totally understand their point, but interestingly the comment was that modern era wagons however had sold better than they thought - so that could bode well for further types appearing. I suspect the 37s and DMUs in more modern liveries are all about trying to build up the 'modern' era marketplace, which we need to support.

Rich

I think the 60 was probably a poor choice for them to start with, I was surprised when it was announced. The 56 has a large crossover of eras if not steam in that from br blue right up to the present day, the key one I think being br blue and large logo br blue. I will go for a centre headcode 37 soon. Fingers crossed eh.

Problems with the 60 spring to mind - news of broken/marked models due to bad packaging soon spread, and livery issues; EWS transfers not matching apparently, & the Loadhaul livery being badly wrong. There was also debate over the cab & windscreen shapes...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think there's likely to be a few reasons but also the modern image market is still small I think post late 1970s periods, it's a lot bigger for the green/early blue colours. But let's hope with all the new things on the horizon, including the HAAs/HEAs from Dapol that the marketplace builds. We might even be able to convince another manufacturer to produce the Class 56!

Rich

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Anyone heard anymore about delivery dates for the HAA's, trying to plan my spending for the year now things are getting expensive!

As of beginning January....HAA C.A.Ds completed, tooling imminent........HEA C.A.Ds in progress.

So for delivery dates............no.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Spoke to Dapol at Bristol today. The HAAs are in tooling, but no first pictures yet. Estimate delivery mid-2017 ish.

The HEA is behind the HAA, and should be late 2017ish.

That info direct from the guys on the Dapol stand.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Now Hattons say October to December 17

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Yes I've had that email from Dapol too.  Id suggest thats probably not far off.  The guy on the Dapol stand was a little reluctant to put a date to it, but I said so what are we talking middle of the year/early Summer kind of period, and his replace was ..ermm yea somewhere around there.  So no disrespect to the chap at all, but I'm guessing Dapol either weren't publicly saying a date, or possibly didn't have a good enough confirmation from the factory to give one.  I think we're probably safe to say somewhere in the second half of the year!

Not wishing to hijack the thread at all, but Hugh, through your FTG operation - have you thought of scaling up the CAD drawings from 4mm to 7mm for the SPA wagon?  Id certainly be interested in committing to several!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...