Latest developments from Bachmann & Farish

Andy Y

Bachmann have displayed many significant forthcoming releases that are at engineering prototype stage at Warley.

Click for higher-res images.

LMS Twins

B1s.jpg

Dukedogs

B2s.jpg

B6s.jpg

Class 40

B3s.jpg

B4s.jpg

L&Y tank

B5s.jpg

4F

B7s.jpg

Polybulk

B8s.jpg

LMS Brakes

B9s.jpg

Metalairs

B10s.jpg

CovHops

B11s.jpg

Porthole stock

B12s.jpg

B13s.jpg

Livery samples of Mk1 Sleepers

B14s.jpg

B15s.jpg

The exquisite production C Class.

B16s.jpg

Farish items

J39

F1s.jpg

Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0

F2s.jpg

Deltic

F3s.jpg

50' LMS BG

F4s.jpg

The final livery sample of the Class 70

F5s.jpg

It's good to see Bachmann have upped there game on the coaching stock front, not content to sit back on the Mk1s laurels (I think the TPO was a sign of that)......

Also congrats to Rails of Sheffield for the amount of work that's going in to getting the LMS twins just right - it's been a long time coming.

Thanks for the info Andy.

Bob.

Shame I missed these in the flesh, so to speak... but thanks to Andy for posting this here to allow me to catch up over my breakfast. 40... yes that does look nice, Farish 55 looks good too. their my preferences, but all the others look superb too.... especially the c class and given that the real one's only 15 minutes away, I'll probably look into this too. Thanks again and I wish all rmwebbers a great weekend at warley... and i wish all traders a profitable weekend too.

Jon

The ultimate answer to the question..."Is there a future for 00".....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely stunning models, one loco is enough to make me have a 'funny hour for Diesels' ! Also it seems Bachmann has gone the extra mile and produced the Porthole Brake Third with sides overlapping the welded solebars...A first for RTR. The other is a corridor brake first, another RTR first I think.

Thanks for the photos.

Despite being a big fan of class 40s I've never bought RTR models of them because the available models have disappointed me. That might change now! First comment though is that the springs and axleboxes on the bogie maybe look a bit lacking in depth? Hard to judge I'm sure from a photo rather than the model, and without referencing photos of the real thing. Bachmann are to be congratulated on revisiting a relatively recent model.

More wagon variety the better - this area is looking good!

More progress with Porthole stock as well. Is the next step with coaches to overcome the rather odd appearance that comes around the edge of the moulding (visible on the sleeper pictures)? Thought I read somewhere that you wouldn't get that affect if the back of the moulding was flat, rather than stepped in and out?

Positive news for modelling though!

Cheers,

26power

• RMweb Gold

CovHops, CovHops, CovHops, CovHops, CovHops, CovHops, CovHops, CovHops, CovHops - clank, clank, clank, clank, clank, clank, clank!

Sorry...

CovHops!!

:)

Developments look very good, was told to expect the Dukedog at warley and proved to be correct. Certainly interested to see the production model as the 9017 model, as the loco preservation in BR livery has the copper capped larger chimney, as well as all tthe other GWR stuff on it... be interesting to see what they do...

The Polybulk is nioce but it's not a Grainflow. The Grainflows were longer and had hinged hatches in the roof, not the swing top roof. The type modelled were actually about a few years earlier and were used for a variety of traffic (including the ever popular china clay).

10000 looks amazing.

50 foot Stanier BGs... :sungum:

So do the extra holes in the headstock of the sleeping cars mean not only do you get a buckeye coupler that can be fitted in the dropped position but also dummy vacuum bags and steam heat pipes? Good to see the Asymmetric Vee Hangers and outboard Vac cylinders, though the toilet bodylight "obscure" glazing is a wee bit on the extreme side..... Great work though.

Thanks Andy for posting.

I have the SECR C class on order and am looking forward to this. The Class 40 diesel and the Mk1 Sleeper re very tempting. Oh go on you know you want one. So I'll probably get one of each. The L&Y tank and LMS stock look good too.

Mark in OZ

10000 looks amazing.

50 foot Stanier BGs... :sungum:

Agreed! 1970's N gauge parcels depot shunting plank is now not just possible but inevitable! Must sell off remaiming OO stuff! 10000 will be an interesting comparison to Dapol's model.

Carl

Archived