Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following the same ethos as Canton I will try to model real locations in small spaces, as I will sell on the layouts I will try to do them in 8 foot lengths

post-5983-0-31763900-1445638446_thumb.jpeg

Instead of starting new threads I will amend the title to suit each project.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

post-5983-0-85235700-1449092439.jpeg

As well as Severntunnel east I will also be doing Hill field tunnel ( Gaer junction) Newport!! I've ordered the signals from Jon & the Templot plans are being drawn up over Christmas & I have a dead line for this one April 2017!

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was quite a place. I might do the Welsh side of the tunnel at some point as well. Although I don't think 8 foot would do it justice it would have to be double that at least.

Going by the pictures I think I will do one line in flat bottom and one bull head. I was talking to my grandad the other day about when he relaid through there well the first time any way.

post-5983-0-93177300-1454105220_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-86901400-1454105247_thumb.jpeg

A Castle blasts out of Severn tunnel on a Manchester to Plymouth service. Whilst a Hymek rolls down hill on an empty oil tank train.

I've been taking some measurements this evening so I thought I would get some stock out to get a feel of things.

I will retake these pictures In a few months time.

The PWay hut is being laser cut and I'm hoping to track down a GW corrugated hut at Bristol

• Like 9

This is another great one, I've shared it before but it's worth sharing again. Starting at Newport through Severn tunnel, Bristol, Bath and Salisbury

Thanks very much for that clip, Steve. It's from 1963 and 5029 is in amazing condition - not all steam locos were neglected wrecks by this date, amazingly. The footplate crew seem like a great team, too. On Friday 16th August the same year I took the 7.53am from Bath Spa to Westbury on the same route as the video, and had another castle up front - 5038, "Morlais Castle". She was withdrawn the next month, but I see from my notes that we had a good run through the Avon Valley . . .

John