Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

I made a start on the boards for the centre section today, slight change of plan as it will now be 2 x 4’ boards bolted together,

The sea wall section will now be 2 10’ boards either side of this one bit split on to two 5’ sections.

Having two 10 foot sections will give better views of the Trains. post-5983-0-02513300-1527100953_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-36124400-1527192757_thumb.jpeg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 8

Steve,

Your pace of work is a ltttle  daunting to watch. However, I am inspired to think about something modest to display our Manning Wardle K Class when it comes out. I am contemplating using 5mm foam board for the base and frame, something I recall Chris Nevard used on  his Calcott Burtle layout. It would be very low tech with old-fashioned wire-in-tube activation for points and signals (if any), Code 100 track on wood sleepers with a few copper-clad timbers in vital places on the points and wiring for DC, but with a DCC switching option. The biggest challenge is where to store it with Cwm Bach and Tonfanau Camp.

Keep up the good work.

Chris

• Like 3

I did Martyn, I’m not sure what I thought about it! I never thought the Heljan model looked wrong to start with.

Hello Steve, this build has been brilliant, well done, also with regards to the Warship, I am in agreement with you, I am not too sure what the problem was, but then the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, also to me a 1 or 2mm difference on a top end of £400 + model is something I can live with, as I am not brave enough to tackle incase I make a pigs ear of it.

Best regards

Craig

post-5983-0-19391900-1527450653_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-01231700-1527450666_thumb.jpeg

Playing about with some details. Next batch of Polystyrene blocks on orderpost-5983-0-45351500-1527450796_thumb.jpeg

Phil at Intentio will be replicating this Tunnel mouth for the right hand side

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 3

Hello Steve, this build has been brilliant, well done, also with regards to the Warship, I am in agreement with you, I am not too sure what the problem was, but then the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, also to me a 1 or 2mm difference on a top end of £400 + model is something I can live with, as I am not brave enough to tackle incase I make a pigs ear of it.

Best regards

Craig

I did Martyn, I’m not sure what I thought about it! I never thought the Heljan model looked wrong to start with.

Hi fellas,

I agree, Im happy with mine, not sure if the Tower/DJH one had the edge over the HJ version? I can see what the fella in the Gazette is saying, yet getting both ends the same, let alone across more than one loco? Not a job Id cherish! Brave man!

ATVB

CME

attachicon.gif2ADEBC18-DCF8-466E-9CCD-BA79C98A302F.jpegattachicon.gifBBED2597-784C-4124-9BB4-BFC141653830.jpeg

Playing about with some details. Next batch of Polystyrene blocks on orderattachicon.gif14850684-1F99-428E-A4CD-C33C9AEDD17B.jpeg

Just to get your juices flowing Steve....

• Like 8

Not yet, I’m going to concentrate on the centre section first, I’m going to try and get it ready for the Bristol show next January

That’s a good price for a fully finished model though !!

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 1

attachicon.gif2ADEBC18-DCF8-466E-9CCD-BA79C98A302F.jpegattachicon.gifBBED2597-784C-4124-9BB4-BFC141653830.jpeg

Playing about with some details. Next batch of Polystyrene blocks on orderattachicon.gif14850684-1F99-428E-A4CD-C33C9AEDD17B.jpeg

Is it just me, a "glitch" of the video, or is that tunnel mouth asymmetric?