Dapol Class 121 and 122 in OO gauge

DapolDave

Great news. Really looking forward to this. The 2mm Dapol 121 is a model I've envied as a 4mm modeller!

Dave - do you really mean rotating head code panel or is it the destination blind that rotates as per the one in the photo below showing "Reading"?

BR Class 121 DMU WR set no. L131, Oxford, 24 October 1987

Hi,

We seem to have perfect then the headcode panel as a rotating item with the destination or reporting code (depending on class) printed on 3 sides of a transparent triangle. it is an interference fit so wont revolve under movement but looks quite good especially backlit.

No rotating blinds i'm afriad but we will print up some to be customer fitted.

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news Mr Dave but will you please try to get the door hinges right on the Guard's door as they will be even more noticeable in 4mm scale and I'd hate to have to hurt the paintwork as a result of cutting off outside hinges which shouldn't be there.

PS if you could make this one W55023 instead of the running number proposed I would be even happier ;)

4D-009-001 #W55020 BR Green with Whiskers

• Like 1

While this is good news, I really do hope that Dapol finally manages to crack the BR blue livery application, rather than the peculiar 'thin' shade used on the Class 22, and dull green.

The livery application is where Dapol still lets itself down (having improved most of its other failings in 4mm).

Obviously, we just have to live with the high Dapol prices, but these would be easier to stomach, if the models were true 'five star'.

I've also got some Dapol-produce Flangeway snowploughs, and again the'thin wash' livery application disappoints.

Sorry to carp - I normally post positive stuff. I've been looking forward to a 121/122 for a long time too. I do hope that my negative comments are proved wrong.

PS I do have a Western on order, obviously so far sight unseen. Fingers crossed!

Mel

Hi Mel,

please check some of the other threads on the Dapol partition and you will see that for the class 52 we have gone over to a colour matched blue (colour matched to Bachmanns class 55 Deltic) with positive comments.

no need to cross your fingers at all.

Oh and no one has to live with 'Dapol high prices'.

cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Hi Mel,

please check some of the other threads on the Dapol partition and you will see that for the class 52 we have gone over to a colour matched blue (colour matched to Bachmanns class 55 Deltic) with positive comments.

no need to cross your fingers at all.

Oh and no one has to live with 'Dapol high prices'.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

That's positive news then!

Mel

• RMweb Premium
Guest jim s-w

Im claiming this one because i havent long finished this

class-122-portrait.jpg

sadly for Dave i wont need another one but if you do a 116 (and its good enough) im gonna need about 20 sets ;)

Cheers

Jim

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

You beauty! :D If you go through even half the process that bought us the Western, this will be a winner!

sadly for Dave i wont need another one but if you do a 116 (and its good enough) im gonna need about 20 sets ;)

Cheers

Jim

Oh yes, please do get into some of the 3 car sets too - a definite gap which I'm sure would be very well received....

• Like 2

Hi Dave

Great news

Any chance on the matching driving trailers?? In both OO and N

Travelled on them in my latter school years when the DT was added to transport 90ish schoolboys to the playing fields

Terry

Any chance on the matching driving trailers?? In both OO and N

There's a note in Dave's post

Slides within tools allow for alternate bodyside window version, High intensity headlight, alternate exhausts and underframe detail, and also the trailer variant.

So probably to follow at some point then :)

• Like 1