Post-Christmas curry evening in Buckfastleigh

Captain Kernow

My thanks to CK for displaying his customary organisational skills and what an excellent choice of restaurant. Excellent company and food and a very enjoyable vening after a day behind the viewfinder. :)

There may be some snaps appearing on the Intershed later of the SW 'design clever' focus group. ;)

• RMweb Gold

My thanks to CK for displaying his customary organisational skills and what an excellent choice of restaurant. Excellent company and food and a very enjoyable vening after a day behind the viewfinder. :)

There may be some snaps appearing on the Intershed later of the SW 'design clever' focus group. ;)

You mean to say they could still see thing in focus after a beer and curry evening?

• RMweb Gold

Some more images of the close scrutiny of the post-curry BIL:

Andrew Eaton checks one of the coaches out, watched by His Excellence the Baron von Harrap, whilst Phil Coplestone makes a careful appraisal of the other one:

post-57-0-38994800-1357486066.jpg

Andy had taken the precaution of covering the box illustration up, in case the curry house staff got a bit too excited...

post-57-0-00912200-1357486094.jpg

Tom (Devon Dynosaur) reminds His Baronness that these units were quite rare in ZOB land:

post-57-0-71333200-1357486215.jpg

Having decanted his coffee into the upturned BIL, Phil can't now decide which end to drink it from...

post-57-0-62843500-1357486344.jpg

All in all, an excellent night out and many thanks to everyone who came and was such good company!

• RMweb Gold

A quick "thanks" to CK for organising the evening again and to everyone else for such good company!:)

Seeing Phil with the upturned 2-BIL, we haven't mentioned the variations on "this EMU is deceased - nah, it's just resting" this caused :)

Also the queries from another diner asking what club bought us together as we seemed. to be having such fun "I know it's not rugby as you don't have the injuries!"

Hope we can repeat this kind of thing some time in the future....

There was much mirth as 'the signalman' berated 'the driver' who unwittingly returned from 'a visit' with a bog seat in hand to complain about maintenance standards for not reading operational notices before commencing work. What's actually slightly more worrying is that other visitors may not be familiar with plumbing innovations given the more permanent operational notice attached to the cistern.  :rtfm:

:bye:

• RMweb Premium

There was much mirth as 'the signalman' berated 'the driver' who unwittingly returned from 'a visit' with a bog seat in hand to complain about maintenance standards for not reading operational notices before commencing work. What's actually slightly more worrying is that other visitors may not be familiar with plumbing innovations given the more permanent operational notice attached to the cistern.  :rtfm:

:bye:

Wasn't Stu there?

• RMweb Gold

Good job as I suspect he would have taken the seat and made a micro layout out of it or added it to a module for Taunton....

Hmm, toilet seat, RTR Peco 009, I see a small lakeside/ slurry pit layout idea forming...

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, toilet seat, RTR Peco 009, I see a small lakeside/ slurry pit layout idea forming...

The old seat (a nice oak one) is now languishing in my shed, as the 'repair' involved a new seat... :banghead:  :banghead: ...

No.... on second thoughts, perhaps we'd better not go there!... :O

Archived