Pixash Lane - now owned by Bentley Model Railway Group

Gilbert

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've been asked at short notice to fill in at an exhibition on 29 June so Pixash Lane will be at the Model Railway Exhibition at  Hucclecote Methodist Church Gloucester.

The show is open from 10 to 5 and is primarily in aid of Cancer Research.

The address is Carisbrooke Road at GL3 3QP and I'm told there are about 11 layouts attending but other than that I have not much info.

Say hello if you look in

Chris

Chris,

Don't think I'll be able to make that show.... :(
Shame, as I'd love to see Pixash Lane again
and this time get a chance to watch it for a while....

Let us know when & where the next shows are

Oh, and more piccies please :)

Marc

Hi Chris,

I just want to say this is a wonderful little layout, the compostion and balance of the scene is superb. Like Marc I am particularly taken with the sidings in front of the fiddle yard, it is a simple but so effective cameo. In fact it has inspired me to give something similar a go as a stand alone entity.

Thanks for posting and I look forward to seeing more pictures!

David

Edited by south_tyne

Hi Chris

What a shame, I don't think I can make the show that week-end. I've been wanting to see it again after my first look-see a couple of years back at Compton Dando, when I was there with my own layout, "Southall Lane". Something to do with Sod and his law.

Ah well, maybe next time.........

exmoordave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Pixash Update

1. Just a gentle bump to help publicise the show in Gloucester on Saturday.

Pixash Lane will be at the Model Railway Exhibition at  Hucclecote Methodist Church Gloucester.

The show is open from 10 to 5 and is primarily in aid of Cancer Research.

The address is Carisbrooke Road at GL3 3QP and I'm told there are about 11 layouts attending but other than that I have not much info.

2. Photos and article have gone off to RM but I have no idea when it will appear.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

I really enjoyed seeing Pixash Lane at  Hucclecote today, every bit as good as the photos on here, and then some. Very nice!

Could prove to be an expensive trip for me though, as I'm coming round to the idea that perhaps digital sound has now achieved the realism I seek; that 03 pottering about was sublime. The Gardner engine is quiet and smooth, but the clunks and hisses as it selected gears really set the scene. Less is very definitely more in this case.

I hope the day was a good one from the exhibitors point of view, certainly very inspiring for me, and went some way towards covering the disappointment of not going to Penzance today with D1015, which had been "plan A" until she was declared unfit. Thank you.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed seeing Pixash Lane at  Hucclecote today, every bit as good as the photos on here, and then some. Very nice!

Could prove to be an expensive trip for me though, as I'm coming round to the idea that perhaps digital sound has now achieved the realism I seek; that 03 pottering about was sublime. The Gardner engine is quiet and smooth, but the clunks and hisses as it selected gears really set the scene. Less is very definitely more in this case.

I hope the day was a good one from the exhibitors point of view, certainly very inspiring for me, and went some way towards covering the disappointment of not going to Penzance today with D1015, which had been "plan A" until she was declared unfit. Thank you.

Adrian

Thanks for your kind words - I hope to get some photos up in the next day or so. It was nice friendly show with some really nice exhibits

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the kind words Dave

I'll try to get some more photos at Thornbury - like many on here the only time the layouts come out is for shows!

For an all together better set of photos there's an article in RM due sometime in the New Year.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A quick update.

I don't do many shows but “Pixash Lane” will be at MENDIP 2014. This is the annual two day show hosted by the Shepton & District Model Railway Society. at Doulting village hall, near Shepton Mallet, on the 14th & 15th of June, 2014.

Hopefully the weather will be at bit warmer and less wet and windy - it feels a long way away......

Happy New Year

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Pixash is now also doing Hornby Mag's Great Electric Train Show in October - that should be it for this year as I need to concentrate on the 7mm project

Chris

I lied - PL will be at Chippenham on 27 September

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Pixash Lane, Gilbert, Chris.  a great layout you have there with some subtle touches that bring it alive.

Now my years have got to my eyes I've moved over to 7mm but looking at some of your pics the detail I like in the bigger scale also exists in your layout.

Do you have a track plan for your layout so that I can get a feel for the operating sequence.  I can see you have shown a pic of the main track work but is it single track to the cement works or is there a run around loop there.

Great work.

Regards

EDIT:::  Answering my own question I've just spotted it's single track then splits into 2 via a point.

Edited by Barnaby

Yes, I too like Pixash Lane
I think it needs more of an "airing" and I'd love to see it again Chris....

BTW. I'd back up Barnaby's request for a track plan....
Having seen the layout, I'd say there's perhaps even more operating potential than you might first think...

Cheers
Marc

PS. Gilbert - we don't mind you lying to us, if it means Pixash is getting more outings ;)

• RMweb Gold

Hello Pixash Lane, Gilbert, Chris.  a great layout you have there with some subtle touches that bring it alive.

Now my years have got to my eyes I've moved over to 7mm but looking at some of your pics the detail I like in the bigger scale also exists in your layout.

Do you have a track plan for your layout so that I can get a feel for the operating sequence.  I can see you have shown a pic of the main track work but is it single track to the cement works or is there a run around loop there.

Great work.

Regards

EDIT:::  Answering my own question I've just spotted it's single track then splits into 2 via a point.

Barnaby

Thanks for that - I too have gone over to 7mm - so "son of Pixash" will emerge soon - first outing at Stow on 18 May

I'll scan a plan of Pixash and post it.

Chris

• Like 1

As requested - one poor sketch of Pixash Lane - I've added a 2 siding FY extension on the right since this was done.

attachicon.gifPixash Plan.JPG

Chris

Hi Chris / Gilbert,

Many thanks for posting that plan

It's a great design

I do like the concept and design of that fiddle yard on the right.....

Something about it being both fiddle yard and access to the factory siding at the rear....

It's something quite different from the norm

Cheers again,

and more photos please :)

Those are some cracking photos in post 41

Marc