Pixash Lane - now owned by Bentley Model Railway Group

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

and more photos please :)
Those are some cracking photos in post 41

Thanks Marc

Wait 'til you see the photos Ian Manderson has done for RM - should be in the mag soon

Chris

Following the excellent show at Yate Marc Smith suggested I might post some photos so I've had a quick look in my archives and here's a quick taster. The layout is a based on but not a model of areas around the Bristol to Bath mainline in Keynsham. The photo I've attached shows the extremely small goods yard and a bit of the Squaregrip Reinforcement warehouse and siding. It was a photo of the actual siding being shunted by a Class 14 on a trip working from Bristol that set me off on this project rather than my normal New England projects. The photo is quite old and other bits of scenery have been added since this was done.

Chris

.attachicon.gifPixash 1.jpg

Hi, is that a Hornby Dublo bogie bolster?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a gentle bump - PL will be at the Shepton Mallet show - "Mendip 2014" at Doulting Village Hall BA4 4PL on Saturday (10-5) and Sunday (10-4.30) this weekend.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I'll bring my camera !!

I hope you're not disappointed - anyway PL is all packed up and ready for the trek south - looking forward to two days of playing trains and catching a tiny bit of test cricket on the radio....

Edited by Gilbert

Cracking photos of Pixash Lane there Mudmagnet :)
The more I see this layout, the more I like it!
There's just something about the overall design,
and it has a nice "balance" to the composition of the scene....

I've been mulling over and sketching more layout designs 
(finish the one you're supposed to be currently in the middle of Smith!!!)
and I like the idea of the halt platform in the foreground
..... something about that fence, and gate onto a small platform......

more photos please Gilbert....
Can't wait to see the layout again :)

Marc

• RMweb Gold

Saw this at Doulting at the weekend, excellent work Gilbert.

You didn't see the broken fiddle yard rail ( nicely ripped off it's copper clad sleepers) we had on the way down courtesy of the rather bumpy roads and  my poor loading technique, the broken fascia, dropped over-bridge  and the failed joint on the busiest point switchblade ( the run round) which happened at 9.55am as the crowds were about to storm the barricades! Thanks to the old faithful Solder Pro gas powered soldering iron we got away with it and both soldered joints held all weekend...next show is Chippenham in September - I'll post some fots from Doutling asap

Chris

I saw it too at Doulting - a lovely layout and GREEN diesels too!!!

We're looking forward to welcoming it (and the operators obviously!) to Exmoor Rail in 2015!

Best to all

exmoordave

I hope to have more green diesels next year - there's a Class 40 in the workshop (rule 1 applies)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Was good to meet you and team over the weekend.

Pixash Lane looks great, just my sort of thing.

Anyway a few photos.

attachicon.gif

Thanks and apologies for the rather random 33 but it was purchased to try out my post-Missenden weathering techniques and turned out quite well and ran even better - a Zimo sound chip has now been sourced from Digitrains ( see the Hornby Mag article by Paul Chetter ) so next time it will be noisy..it may be a fixture on the layout - sorry to the purists...(rule 1 applies - again...)

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A few more photos taken at the Doulting Show post-1107-0-79721800-1403816167_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-28653400-1403816183_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-46706000-1403816204_thumb.jpg 

I've no managed to sort out all the post-Doulting repairs - just as well as we've got a busy Autumn, Chippenham in September, GETS in October and Mike Walker's new show at Bishops Cleeve in Cheltenham (December)

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Very nice photos... :no:

I just wish I'd noticed the jokers running the layout had left Berry Wiggins tank wagons in the Squaregrip Reinforcement siding....

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...