An Approach to Modelling Class 25s - Springy Bits!

James

The running qualities were very impressve, James. How many scale miles did it cover? :no:

Not too many miles but a few circuits quite slowly! Once it had warmed up it was plodding round with the minerals quite happily - the contrast with my other diesels is very noticeable. It needs the accelleration rates tweaking as what works on a test track a few feet long, wasn't so good on a large layout! But overall I was pleased with its performance :)

• 3 months later...

I've done very little modelling recently - lost all interest in it pretty much recently.

However reading an article in BRM (by some bloke about Deltics - looks like he might know what he's talking about...) I be suitably enthused to actually start doing something with a bit of vigour again! A nice little mention in Scalefour News about this thread helped too :)

DSCF7288.JPG

The boiler compartment is receiving attention to make it a little more accurate and detail is being added to the nose doors. Sadly the poor light today means you can't really pick any of it out but trust me it's there! the central cab windscreen has been made a little deeper. Jim Smith Wright drew my attention to this and if you look at his site it's discussed in the comments here -

http://www.p4newstreet.com/revisiting-a-few-locos.html

At least i'm modelling again :)

• 2 months later...

Archived