1:43 Bus, lorries etc

bagpipes331

• 2 weeks later...

In 20 years time someone will be asking whether the 2014 Ford Transits were ever available in 1/43 scale. Now the larger van is being delivered in the UK, I thought I would post a picture of the two Greenlight models of the Transit and Transit Connect which are both left hand drive but provide a base to change to right hand drive.

post-5796-0-70648300-1396346862_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I see the front of the new Transit appears to be a tribute to the 'pig snout' of the original diesel/V6 version!

Still just as ugly. :jester: I recall that by fitting the 2.5 litre V6 you got a better fuel consumption than from the original 2 litre V4.

Still just as ugly. :jester: I recall that by fitting the 2.5 litre V6 you got a better fuel consumption than from the original 2 litre V4.

A pal of mine once had a P reg 3.0 V6 former ambulance with a manual box, a five speed if I remember rightly, he was stopped for speeding on the M6 but got away with a severe rocket from the wily traffic copper who finished his mauling with the line "...and you only got away without a ticket it because no court would never believe me that you were doing 102mph in a transit van...!"

• 2 months later...

Corgi did do a 1:43 scale model of a Bedford MK 4 tonne army truck, it was boxed with 2 figures and marked up for the TV show "Soldier soldier" , a lot of ex military vehicles went on to find uses in the civilian field, coal merchants found MK's quite useful.

• 9 months later...

Theres a new 1/43 scale RT bus been released by Hachette in France. Excellant model priced about £20. Pictures on EFE Zone website under "News", then page down to 4th March. Watch Radley Models later in the year for kits of K class London trolleybus, Leyland Cub breakdown tender, box van and coal lorry.

Del Prado did a nice 1.43  Bedford M series, in the ' fire engines of the world' series . This 3 ton Bedford  was made 1939-1953 and was a common sight into early seventies.

The Del Prado models come up all the time on ebay very cheaply .  In the same range there are some interesing European trucks from various eras  in 1.72 scale .

They must have made miilions of all the set because mint boxed models are very common.

post-3430-0-67921900-1426162066_thumb.jpg

Edited by jcb 3c

• RMweb Premium

Del Prado did a nice 1.43  Bedford M series, in the ' fire engines of the world' series . This 3 ton Bedford  was made 1939-1953 and was a common sight into early seventies.

The Del Prado models come up all the time on ebay very cheaply .  In the same range there are some interesing European trucks from various eras  in 1.72 scale .

They must have made miilions of all the set because mint boxed models are very common.

Actually its the 2 ton Bedford M type not a 3 tonner and was actually made for Del Prado by Matchbox in whose 'Yesteryear' range it appeared.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the proposed list of 60 1/43 scale buses in the Hachette Autobus collection now running in France. I had a good look at item 5 a couple days back. Not perfect but very good, especially at current Ebay.fr prices. Some UK vehicles scattered through the list. Loads of the launch model Greyhound Scenicruiser on offer just now.

1 CITROEN T45 France

2 ISOBLOC 648 DP FRANCE

3 GREYHOUND SCENICRUISER USA

4 MERCEDES O 10 000 GERMANY

5 AEC REGENT III RT UK

6 PEGASOZ-403 MONOCASCO SPAIN

7 CHAUSSON APH 2-50 "NEZ DE COCHON FRANCE

8 SAURER L4C SWITZERLAND

9 CITROEN U55 CITYRAMA CURRUS FRANCE

10 GMC 6000 SCHOOL BUS USA

11 CITROENT 23 RU CHASSAING FRANCE

12 MERCEDES BENZ LO 3100 STROMLINIEN GERMANY

13 SOMUA OP 5/3 FRANCE

14 ISUZU BXD-30 JAPAN

15 BERLIET CRUISAIR 3 FRANCE

16 AEC REGAL III "DORSAL FIN UNITED KINGDOM

17 IKARU S66 HUNGARY

18 CITROEN 46 DP UAD FRANCE

19 FORD THAMES ET 7 MALTA

20 FIAT 306/3 INTERURBANO ITALY

21 NEOPLAN NH 22L SKYLINER GERMANY

22 GMT DH 3714 "ROSA PARK SUSA

23 BERLIET PHL "GRAND RAID FRANCE

24 ISOBLOC 656 DH PANORAMIQUE FRANCE

25 MERCEDES BENZ O302-10R GERMANY

26 BEDFORD ROCKET PAKISTAN

27 CHAUSSON AHH-521 SPAIN

28 BROSSEL BL55 FRANCE

29 RENAULT TN6 C2 FRANCE

30 LEYLAND VICTORY Mk II HONG KONG/UK

31 SETRA-SEIDAS-14 SPAIN/GERMANY

32 RENAULT AGP 85 SAHARIEN FRANCE

33 KRUPPTITAN O80 GERMANY

34 BERLIET JELCZ PR100 POLAND

35 ZIS 154 RUSSIA

36 TATA 1210 INDIA

37 BERLIET PLR/PBR MONACO

38 SKODA706 RO CHINE

39 VAN HOOL 306 NETHERLANDS

40 CITROEN U23 FRANCE

41 NEOPLANNH 9L GERMANY

42 BEDFORD OB UK

43 CHAUSSON ANG FRANCE

44 FORD CHIVA COLOMBIA

45 RENAULT R4191/R4211 FRANCE

46 SETRA 215 GERMANY

47 AEC REGAL IV UK

48 PANHARD IE21 / IE24 FRANCE

49 GENERAL MOTORS NEW LOOK "FISHBOWL CANADA

50 BORGWARD BO 4000 GERMANY

51 SAVIEMS C10 UPF AVEC PLATEFORME

52 FORD GREYHOUND AUSTRALIA

53 LEYLAND VERHEUL NETHERLANDS

54 BERLIET PC8W (ou PCK7/PCK7D) FRANCE

55 GMC PD-3751 GREYHOUND USA

56 BUSSING SENATOR 12D GERMANY

57 THOMAS TRANSIT LINER PRISON BUS USA

58 LEYLAND COMET 90 NEW ZEALAND

59 AEC REGENT UK (GUERNESEY)

60 PANHARD K63D France

:

For those interested in converting the Corgi 1/50th scale buses, just about every radiator you can think of is available as whitemetal castings. Front wings also for AEC, Leyland and others, headlamps, peacetime roof and rear dome etc. Available from Ralph Jackson (ex Jackson-Evans nameplates) in Coventry.

Without going to the trouble of doing a web search, can anyone please post about whether there is a HO source of non British Isles buses and coaches comparable to the Hachette collection ?

I'd very much like some for days when I'm Epoche III HO French, Italian and Simplon Orient Express running (on my anywhere'sville roundy-round)..

dh

[edit to clarify wording]

Edited by runs as required

There is a lot of conversion fodder on this site, including some 1930s style country buses (at less than £6) which could become Morris Commercials, Small Dennises or Guys, or Fords or whatever.

http://i-modelcars.com/collection/ALL-MODELS

I have bought a couple of Transit vans from them on Ebay and tracked delivery from Russia to the UK was less than two weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Some photos of the Ford AA/GAZ country bus. The lower body half is diecast including the bonnet. The upper body and roof are one piece with a separate clear glazing insert for all the windows, The interior is a plastic tub with 4 pairs of seats on each side but with five seats across the back right across the emergency exit! So it is B21F. Seats have handrails on top. Conversion to right hand drive would be easy. Steering wheel and gearstick are separate pieces. The next piece is the floor, front bumper and mudguards which is plastic with a light bar and headlamps. The plastic drive train is also removable from the floor and supports the 5 spoke wheels on metal axles. Double wheels at the back. All held together with 3 small crosshead self-tapping screws.

It is dimensionally accurate for 1/43 scale and represents the 137.5 inch wheelbase version. Seems to be inexpensive conversion fodder. Mine will become East Kent company-bodied vehicles though I am not quite sure yet which chassis to choose.

The model is made by Hongwell. For comparison I have included one photo with a 1/43 scale small Ford saloon from the mid 1930s.

All 3 of the buses cost me £25 from the Russian retailer including tracked shipping. Purchase was on 3 April and everything went smoothly until arrival at Heathrow where the package disappeared for 2 weeks. My postie delivered to me on 28 April, but the tracking still shows the parcel at Heathrow.

Edited to correct seating capacity.

post-5796-0-29894100-1430583225.jpg

post-5796-0-02655200-1430583262_thumb.jpg

post-5796-0-83719200-1430583281_thumb.jpg

post-5796-0-12985600-1430583297.jpg

Edited by mikeharvey22
  • Like 7

Why not take a look at www.radleymodels.com  - they have ancient and modernish UK-pattern 1/43rd scaleroad vehicles and buses. The spelling on the site is a bit strange but Phil's going to be at the ALSRM show [Reading] this coming weekend with the road vehicles displayed on the stand.

Edited by ted675

• 5 weeks later...

Doing the test build and writing instructions at the moment for the Radley Models 1/43rd scale London K3 class trolleybus. This was a small class of 25 buses that followed on from the previous 275 K1 and K2 classes- the major differences being the removal of route stencil holders and [compared to the K1] a rather more compact pair of radio suppressors attached to the trolley gantry. Additionally they had the side lights mounted in the front valance rather than as "ears" sticking out of the cab.  Working out the correct order of build is something of a pain at times and sometimes you end up taking a step back after two steps forward. However, all that remains really is to put in some handrails, glazing the two decks and then adding the wheels. These are specially done 1/43rd scale WM castings which gives the model some considerable mass.

Many thanks to Mister Spoons for allowing me to download his seating moquette pattern. The alternative "RT-type" moquette will be available as a free download from www.radleymodels.com website in due course. 

testbuild-latestage1_zpslj8nzglr.jpg

Currently aiming for a late June kit release.

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Giles, that is truly excellent work on the TK. I have just bought the Hales Cakes van from a dealer in Portugal for a friend, and it's rather a nice model. The way you have reworked yours provides very convincing speed and smooth, steady steering action rather than the jerky jackrabbit motion normally seen in R/C trucks. The brake lights are a nice touch. Congratulations, very impressive,

Kevin.

Giles, that is truly excellent work on the TK. I have just bought the Hales Cakes van from a dealer in Portugal for a friend, and it's rather a nice model. The way you have reworked yours provides very convincing speed and smooth, steady steering action rather than the jerky jackrabbit motion normally seen in R/C trucks. The brake lights are a nice touch. Congratulations, very impressive,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin, as another friend, any clues where I may find one ?  Has the dealer got any more ?

• Like 1