A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Didn't Graham Hubbard say Bachmann would never make the Blue Pullman.

I believe he did but dear old Bachmann don't know their a' from their elbow at the moment hence the vacancy so any new coaches from them would be a long way off. :pilot:

• RMweb Premium

Look, I've got a bucket full of Phoenix/BSL Ironclads and Branchlines detailing kits.

If I start to build them, then they will be announced as a new RTR item.

I haven't because you GWR guys need something to pull behind your trains in the wrong colour.

S. Elfless

• RMweb Premium

Look, I've got a bucket full of Phoenix/BSL Ironclads and Branchlines detailing kits.

If I start to build them, then they will be announced as a new RTR item.

I haven't because you GWR guys need something to pull behind your trains in the wrong colour.

S. Elfless

Tim, get the stuff out and please start one of them ASAP.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone on here ordered kits from Powsides recently, just wondering if their service is still efficient .Their website looks promising.

Recently made half a dozen or so, but I obtained them some months ago.  I noted on their website the other day that at least one wagon I had as a complete kit with pre-lettered sides was seemingly now only available as a transfer.

I did wait a while for my delivery (they do them to order), but it was worth it - and if you order more than one of the same they automatically give you different numbers.  Nice.

John C.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Recently made half a dozen or so, but I obtained them some months ago.  I noted on their website the other day that at least one wagon I had as a complete kit with pre-lettered sides was seemingly now only available as a transfer.

I did wait a while for my delivery (they do them to order), but it was worth it - and if you order more than one of the same they automatically give you different numbers.  Nice.

John C.

I think there was an issue with wagon kits from Parkside which should have been resolved by now I've had a few items in the new peco branded packets recently,

John is there any chance of some photo's when they have been completed ?.

Arthur Swidger, the platelayer on the right , must be a hardy soul with his short sleeves and no coat in that weather.

Well, in fact, he does seem frozen to the spot even in the summer....!

but the problem is easily solved!

post-8925-0-30047500-1516988898.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

End of an era, layout leaves for pastures new on Sunday.

Almost 6 years since I met you all at Tonbridge.

Almost 10 years since you were driving the layout down the A28 to Châtellerault, while I was driving the other way up the same road to Rouen to sit at an unconscious Deb's bedside in A&E!

• RMweb Gold

The final ACE for Treneglos...

attachicon.gifrps20180126_183345.jpg

End of an era, layout leaves for pastures new on Sunday.

Those are the days of our lives

The bad things in life were so few

Those days are all gone now but one thing is true

When I look and I find I still love you

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Almost 6 years since I met you all at Tonbridge.

Almost 10 years since you were driving the layout down the A28 to Châtellerault, while I was driving the other way up the same road to Rouen to sit at an unconscious Deb's bedside in A&E!

How time flies. Can't believe we started building it in 2003. No1 son is almost 15 now, the layout is just a smidge older.

So, when did you get the significant hair cut?