A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

7932   Chough Hall

7934   Burgher Hall

Are we still not allowed to mention    7945  Stuart Hall?    

That's my account under suspension.................

Edited by M.I.B

• RMweb Premium

Not that time as I had a reservation booked in Bristol, but looking at the website I think I will give it a try when we are next in the area

My experiences are from 20 years ago Rich so don't blame me if it's all gone to pot since then!

• RMweb Premium

7932   Chough Hall

7934   Burgher Hall

Are we still not allowed to mention    7945  Stuart Hall?    

That's my account under suspension.................

I was going to mention "Two-thirds of B*gg*r Hall", but I won't.

• RMweb Gold

Not withstanding the S word

I thought all talk of sausages was banned and that sensible, erudite model railway comments only were now the order of the day?

But it's still the best RTR 1361 available!

I wonder, though, could someone, some hypothetical person, remove said splashers and replace with flat footplating?

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

It's a lovely looking loco, Robin, to be sure. Are you going to brave the elements now that it's arrived?

Out of interest and despite having trawled part-way through the main KMRC 1361 thread, I can't establish exactly when the splasher issue was first raised. Was it sometime in 2016?

And now that they are there, what was the reason given for their inclusion on the model?

Anyone know/remember please?

• RMweb Gold

It's a lovely looking loco, Robin, to be sure. Are you going to brave the elements now that it's arrived?

Out of interest and despite having trawled part-way through the main KMRC 1361 thread, I can't establish exactly when the splasher issue was first raised. Was it sometime in 2016?

And now that they are there, what was the reason given for their inclusion on the model?

The splashers were noticed only recently and they are present on the early cads when everyone missed their inclusion. I will try and squeeze a shoot in , weather permitting. If not, at the weekend.

• RMweb Gold

The splashers were noticed only recently and they are present on the early cads when everyone missed their inclusion. I will try and squeeze a shoot in , weather permitting. If not, at the weekend.

That's interesting. I was looking at what seemed to be some early CADs from 2016 on the thread just now, and there is certainly one view, where there are no splashers present.

However, most of the rest of the views do show the splashers.

• RMweb Gold

Thats a sore point I believe Chris at Kernow is the only one that can tell you what went on unless Mike knows I lost interest in the model some years ago when I found out it had a coreless motor going into it.